Happy Easter Everyone

Who was up in time to see the sun dance this morning?

I have always been an early bird, alas in all my years I have never managed to make it on time!

Enjoy your day and have a little share of these:

easter-eggs-1.jpg

24 thoughts on “Happy Easter Everyone

1. Ian

It was very coy this morning. Just a peek through the clouds on Killiney Hill at about 6.30 this morning before going on its way. It knew we were busy anyway.

I was awake at 4am as usual but went back to sleep and missed the sunrise yet again! Maybe next year….

I’ve been telling everyone not to eat too many Easter eggs and guess what? I’m feeling slightly queasy right now from er, eating too much Easter egg. I bought one and then Jenny was given another and then of course the inevitable eyes bigger than stomach syndrome….

4. Paddy Bloggit

Was up at 8.00 a.m …………took one dog for a 4 mile walk as other dog is recuperating. Twas a great spring morning …. a bit blustery …. but dog didn’t mind! 😉

5. kenju

The only time I am up that early is when we are at the beach. I love to see the sunrise over the ocean! Happy Easter, Grannymar!

6. steph

I was up very early this morning…

but I didn’t notice if the sun was up…

‘cos I know the way to the loo with my eyes closed 😀

HAPPY EASTER! Hunny Bunny

7. Jefferson Davis

I “was” going to get up before dawn this morning and go up into the mountains to capture the sunrise, but I stupidly overslept! 🙂 Maybe I’ll catch it next year. Happy Easter, Grannymar. 🙂

8. Magpie 11

Um! Yawn! woke up at 5-45 heard the wind and went back to zuz!

Eventually surfaced at a late hour and had breakfast but too late for my boiled eggy…maybe tomorrow.

The much vaunted snow put in an appearance and then went away. Can’t say I’m sorry. Had to dig too many dead lambs and things ut of snow in my youth to like snow much. Love the quiet tho’.

I’m looking forward to tucking into an Easter Egg given me by an ex pupil…well I think it’s her mum really. Both janet and I got one!

Happy Eostre to all

Nick √
    Paddy √
    Judy √
    Nancy √
    Steph √
    Jeff √
    Magpie √

Now that is the roll-call done!

Today I heard the wind howl, saw weak sunshine, listened to the hail beating on the window, curled up on the couch with a book and……..

I woke up two hours later.

Now where’s the party! Any Easter eggs left?

Ruth that sounds great.

Spelga Dam in the Mourne Mountains is just the place for watching the sunrise.

Good grief, up at 4.30 to be at Spelga Dam for sunrise. Very impressed!

You can have some of my Easter egg if you like Grannymar, I think I’ve had quite enough….

Can someone explain to this antipodean heathen what’s so special about this particular sunrise? Is it traditional to watch the sun rise on Easter Sunday? I mean I understand the significance of Easter Sunday, just the not watching the sunrise bit – is it representative of Christ rising?

If so, well bugga . . cos it’s now Monday so I definitely missed it!

Happy Easter everyone . . .I wish I liked chocolate, got a bucket of the stuff down here!

Belated Happy Easter Baino!

You got it in one – the watching of sunrise on Easter Sunday is representative of Christ rising. Ian was on Killiney Hill in Co Dublin with about 200 others.

14. Dorothy Stahlnecker

I was in dream land, for the first time I’ve been able to dream again. And it feels wonderful. So if I did rise early I rolled over and went to la la land for another great dream.. Happy Easter Grannymar I’m feeling great again. Haven’t felt this good since January 16th…I love it..

My best,
    Dorothy from grammology
    remember to call gram

15. Magpie 11

Like the name itself (Easter from Eostre…google her) the greeting of the sun might have its origins in “pagan” worship/traditions.

IIRC Eostre also has something to do with the Easter Hare laying eggs on one day of the year because she was originally a bird.

Dorothy ~ I am glad you are feeling well, please keep that way.

Chris ~ Thanks for the wishes. My sleep seems to be controlled by the Shipping Forecasts I am fully awake for ‘Sailing by’ at around 12.55am and stay that way until after the 5.20am forcast when I fall into a deep sleep.

Magpie ~ glad you are on board to give us all lessons.
    There is still so much that I don’t know, I don’t know!

17. Magpie 11

Years of trying to make School Class Assemblies interesting plus I always did absorb useless and obscure information and regurgitate it as a child! Which I still feel like even now!