The Dabbler

Wednesday was a very unusual day and it is no wonder I was all of a fluster when the phone went that evening. That is where you joined the day. It had something to do with lights!

Earlier I was being stalked by a Toyboy. He was very persistent and would not take no for an answer. My mother warned me about guys like that. πŸ™„ He won in the end when he said β€˜But you’re a photoblogger now, there’s no going back!’ I suppose that is the price I have to pay for chasing Toyboys ❗ So now I am a groupie!

Will, one of my long-time Toyboys said:

β€˜There is more than one way to do it’ He was talking about taking Photographs! πŸ˜‰

So when presented with something that has appeared on countless postcards, look around it for other angles of approach. Even buildings have personalities, and personal quirks. See if you can find them? Look carefully and you might find an angle where the dour faced statue looks like its smiling.

With this in mind I headed out, no dour statues on this journey so I had a go like this

Grannymar is an ‘older’ Blogger, Photoblogger, sometimes Podcaster and owner of an O2 N95, proving that technology, like sex is not the prerogative of the under 30 something’s! Gwan give it a go! You know you want to.

25 thoughts on “The Dabbler

1. Geri Atric

Helloo Grannymar,

Is 02 N95 a camara? I’ll assume that it is and that’s what took the photos. Very nice too. I’d love a digital camara but don’t know anything about them. New technologies scare me half to death but you know what, you’re right! Shove over young ones, it’s time this oldie gave it a go! (…and if it gets me a toyboy along the way……!).

Geri.

Geri Atric ~ Welcome all the way from the Netherlands. The N95 is a mobile phone with camera and I think it does everything except wash dishes! I won it on Wednesday and it is still winging its way to me.
    My camera is a very basic – Finepix A330. I point and press! I leave all these fancy lenses to the Toyboys and girls.

Xbox ~ Worry not! When I was under 30 I was to old to be young, now I am to young to be old! πŸ™„

3. Darragh

Grannymar, well done πŸ™‚ Photos are lovely!

I have a N95 and will be more than happy to show you how to use yours πŸ™‚

4. steph

I see you’re dabbling your toes again, Grannymar πŸ™„

“Grannymar the Groupie!”

Which Toyboy was that you were chasing across the bridge?

You’ll have to win yourself a fancy camera next and then the Toyboys really will be queueing up to show off their wares 😳

Steph

Wanna be in my gang…. my gang?

Steph if I win any more nice gadgets I’ll need a string of Toyboys to carry them around for me! πŸ˜†

6. Grannymar

Phil ~ Whichever takes you fancy! As my grandmother used to say:
    ‘A little of what you fancy, does you good’ πŸ™„

Nick ~ I think I need a degree in Computer Science to use a Nokia N95.

7. Will Knott

Given the way badges really are a badge of honour, I’ll have to whip up a batch of “GM’s Toyboy” for you to distribute.
    Would you object, or pin?

Jeff

No worries you are special πŸ˜€

The price is you have to tell me honestly where I go wrong with the photos.

9. Grannymar

All my photos so far are on the FinePix A330.

The ‘wazzit’ has not arrived yet, but on its way. There will be photos with the Award when they both reach me.

10. Alice

I don’t know what constitutes good photography, but I enjoyed your photos and the nature walk. I envy you that beautiful walkway; it’s way better on the feel, I’ll bet, than the concrete and asphalt I must contend with. But I do like the photoblog theme. And I liked that remark about angles of approach and buildings having personalities, and personal quirks. I’ll remember it on my next walk through the neighborhood with my camera as I look carefully to see if the metal sculptures and art of my richer neighbors are indeed smiling, or as I suspect sometimes, smirking at me. All they have to do is rest there to look good. I’m expected to … gasp! … exercise! At least 3 times every week!

Alice

I am new to bringing my camera with me everwhere I go. It makes me look at places and objects with new eyes. I think I walk a little further and talk to plenty of people.

Careful Grannymar, it’s addictive. I’ve yet to master the manual settings on my Canon which I bought for myself last Christmas but the auto settings are so good that the pics turn out fine. I don’t go anywhere without the camera bag but I wouldn’t mind a shooting partner to play with!

13. Magpie 11

It all goes to prove that it’s they eye behind the camera that matters……

Have you thought of using the Wild Garlic (Ransomes)…. which I’m sure was what was next to the Bluebells (too small to really tell)…in your cooking….I knew people years ago who did just that and now it’s dead trendy(like Samphire)

14. TheChrisD

I really need to start taking more pictures with my camera. It really hasn’t seen the light of day since last semester as Games Soc’s unofficial photographer ended πŸ™

15. Grannymar

Magpie ~ That was wild garlic and the smell was playing havoc with my taste buds! I have never used it in cooking.

Chris ~ It was all the photobloggers that got me started. It is fun.