Eating out can age you

DON’T CHEAT BY SCROLLING DOWN FIRST!

It takes less than a minute. Work this out as you read.
Be sure you don’t read the bottom until you’ve worked it out!
This is not a time waster thing.

Its fun.

First of all, pick the number of times a week that you would like to go out to eat. (More than one but less than 10)

Multiply this number by 2 (just to be bold)

Add 5

Multiply this figure by 50

If you have already had your birthday this year add 1758…..
If you haven’t, add 1757.

Now subtract the four digit year that you were born.

You should have a three digit number.

The first digit of this was your original number. (i.e. – How many times you want to go out to restaurants in a week.)

The next two numbers are

YOUR AGE! —— (Oh YES, it is!)

THIS IS THE ONLY YEAR (2008) IT WILL EVER WORK,

23 thoughts on “Eating out can age you

1. steph

It worked! Very good, GM.

I feel so old today, I could multiply my age by 2 🙁

Did you know that…

when a doctor asks a patient how many drinks they have in a week, they automatically multiply the answer by 2 to get the ‘real’ figure 👿

Since retirement I work as a consultant on Gifted and Talented Education and Maths Enrichment in particular.

I have asked several groups to investigate how this works and to see if they can come up with versions for other years…..including professors at Brunel University!

With GM’s permission I’ll let you know if we find out.

IIRC there was one going the rounds for the millennium year (2001).

3. Ian

Grannymar,

I think if you raise the figures to 1758 and 1759 it works next year, well, it did for me.

Steph,

The business of GPs making assumptions about drinking causes great offence to some people. I know a lady who has been a total abstainer all her life who was told that she would really have to cut back on the drink – she was very hurt and told everyone.

4. Mike

This it funny…I got 4 digits but it all added up when I combined the first 2
    Were you a maths teacher at some stage GM?

My God, Grannymar, I don’t want to be this old!

I’m only going to go out to eat once a week from now on!

6. Grannymar

Plenty of grey cells working today.

I need to put my socks on again now that I know what age I am!

Have fun while I play with the measuring tape.

Grannymar said,”Have fun while I play with the measuring tape.”

O.K. Gm, here are a few of the ways I knew I was getting older.

When my friends complimented me on my new alligator shoes and I was barefooted.

Going braless pulls all the wrinkles out of my face.

It takes twice as long to look 1/2 as good.

I still get a pension from my restaurant job. I was a waitress at the Last Supper.

I don’t like visiting historical sites. I am older than they are.