A little light reading

What’s Your Name’s Hidden Meaning?

Chrisb is always good for ideas so today I have broken the 7th commandment once more….. I stole it!

You all think you know the real Grannymar, so tell me if you agree.

What Grannymar Means

You are intuitive, brilliant, and quite introverted. You value your time alone.

You are wild, crazy, and a huge rebel. You’re always up to something.

You are usually the best at everything … you strive for perfection.

You are confident, authoritative, and aggressive.

You have the classic “Type A” personality.

You are a free spirit, and you resent anyone who tries to fence you in.

You are unpredictable, adventurous, and always a little surprising.

You may miss out by not settling down, but you’re too busy having fun to care.

You are confident, self assured, and capable. You are not easily intimidated.

You are deeply philosophical and thoughtful. You tend to analyze every aspect of your life. – Not really

You are intuitive, brilliant, and quite introverted. You value your time alone. – Not sure I agree but I am happy in my skin.

Often times, you are grumpy with other people. You don’t appreciate them trying to interfere in your affairs. – True. I don’t like people interfering in my affairs

You are wild, crazy, and a huge rebel. You’re always up to something. – Well what can I say 🙄

You have a ton of energy, and most people can’t handle you. You’re very intense. – I wish! I used to have the energy but alas it left home in disgust 😉

You definitely are a handful, and you’re likely to get in trouble. But your kind of trouble is a lot of fun. – Now that sounds about right! 😀

You are usually the best at everything … you strive for perfection. – I do strive for perfection but seldom achieve it.

You are confident, authoritative, and aggressive. – I hope I am not aggressive, confident would be good.

You have the classic “Type A” personality. – What is a Type A” personality?

You are very intuitive and wise. You understand the world better than most people. – I muddle through like everyone else.

You also have a very active imagination. You often get carried away with your thoughts. – I will confess to that one!

You are prone to a little paranoia and jealousy. You sometimes go overboard in interpreting signals. – I don’t think I agree with this one.

You are a free spirit, and you resent anyone who tries to fence you in. – I would like to be a free spirit.

You are unpredictable, adventurous, and always a little surprising. – Sometimes I don’t know what I am doing myself!

You may miss out by not settling down, but you’re too busy having fun to care. – I might settle down when I grow up! 😉

You are confident, self assured, and capable. You are not easily intimidated. – I do try.

You master any and all skills easily. You don’t have to work hard for what you want. – I work very hard for everything I want, always have!

You make your life out to be exactly how you want it. And you’ll knock down anyone who gets in your way! – I wish I could for the first part, but I won’t ride roughshod through anyone.

21 thoughts on “A little light reading

1. Lottie

Type A Personalties are the rarest forms and represent just 2% of the population which makes you very special and sought after.

Your personality type should work for everyone but is only truly appreciated by other AB positive patients in need.

Your type can be given to any patients, regardless of their negative or positive type. We encourage you to consider donating personality at the nearest pub.

Donations take about 4 hours and the product collected is invaluable to the survival of others.

2. steph

“You are the total package – suave, sexy, smart, and strong.”

Got it in one! 😉

It’s actually scarily accurate in places. I think they must have been lurking on our blogs, GM

3. Pingback: borrowing posts « work in progress

4. Pingback: TheChrisD - Rant Central » Blog » My name has meaning?

5. kenju

I did my first name and I don’t know if I believe most of what it said. It was too flattering…..LOL….I’m not nearly that nice!

6. Lottie

A lot of mine were quite accurate – particularly the negative points but I won’t go into that.

It did say ”
    Easily excited, a lot of enthusiasm, don’t stick with any one thing for very long. You have the drive to accomplish a lot in a short amount of time. Your biggest problem is making sure you finish the projects you start.” This is very true!

You are powerful and competent, especially in the workplace. ***I don’t even work.
    People can see you as stubborn and headstrong. You definitely have a dominant personality. *** I am a virtual milquetoast.
    You are usually the best at everything … . ***Don’t I wish.
    You are confident, authoritative, and aggressive.
    You have the classic “Type A” personality. *** I think my personality is more type Z
    You are wild, crazy, and a huge rebel. You’re always up to something. ***Staid and stodgy would be more like it..
    You definitely are a handful, and you’re likely to get in trouble. But your kind of trouble is a lot of fun. ***Couldn’t be more wrong.
    You are light hearted and accepting. You don’t get worked up easily. Not me.
    Well adjusted and incredibly happy, many people wonder what your secret to life is. ***Oh, brother.
    You work hard not to rock the boat. Your easy going attitude brings people together. ***Don’t I wish.
    At times, you can be a little flaky and irresponsible. But for the important things, you pull it together. *** I am never irresponsible. Of all things that is my most frustrating attribute.
    You are prone to a little paranoia and jealousy. You sometimes go overboard in interpreting signals. ***I am a trusting soul

I eliminated the few that WERE right for brevity.. I have a friend named Darlene and she is the complete opposite of me. I think, sorry to say, it’s pure bunkum.

8. Grannymar

@Lottie – I save my pub visiting for when I am in Dublin! Surely there were no negative points.

@Steph -You are ‘suave, sexy, smart, and strong’, pity I am not a fella! 🙄

@ChrisD – Lazybones. 😉

@Judy – If it was flattering, believe and enjoy!

@Chrisb – I tried my real name and it was very different.

@Darlene – Was it not fun to try?

What Nancy Means

You are usually the best at everything … you strive for perfection.
    You are confident, authoritative, and aggressive.
    You have the classic “Type A” personality.

You are very open. You communicate well, and you connect with other people easily.
    You are a naturally creative person. Ideas just flow from your mind.
    A true chameleon, you are many things at different points in your life. You are very adaptable.

You are a free spirit, and you resent anyone who tries to fence you in.
    You are unpredictable, adventurous, and always a little surprising.
    You may miss out by not settling down, but you’re too busy having fun to care.

Grannymar,

I can’t believe it! Every word is TRUE!!!!! For somebody else…. Not me, I am not any of these things except that I am busy having fun…….That part is true.

Don’t know any of you well enough to comment so I’ll have a go myself! (turns to second computer)

Oh my goodness! he he! Ha Ha! HO! HO! (collapses in a helpless heap of mirth)
    Balanced and orderly? Moi never!

Stubborn and headstrong…oh yes!

best at everything.of course
    Confident, Authoritative and aggressive? Don’t they mean arrogant ?
    Can be I’m afraid!

Never slow down….I have two speeds , dead slow and stop, according to my mother….. I can no longer party all night!

People addicted to my vibe? Where are they?

Charming…dangerously so….well I never saw any sign of it

It’s all lies I tell you…except the little bits that are true…but then if you throw enough darts at the board you’re very likely to hit the centre some times!

Cynical? me? Noooo!

Good fun tho’ wasn’t it? Thanks GM

11. Grannymar

@Nancy – ‘You are very intuitive and wise. You understand the world better than most people’, now That is you to a tee!

@Magpie – I’m glad you don’t know me well enough to comment! 😉

Well, I don’t know about my personality, that’s pretty weird and wonderful, but the name itself is interesting. Nicholas is of course linked to St Nicholas, the inspiration for Santa Claus. And originally it came from the Greek Νικόλαος, Nikolaos, roughly translated as “victory for the people”. No wonder I’m the only socialist in the family – my parents didn’t realise what they were letting themselves in for when they gave me that name.

Aww. i love these blogthings but this time . .waaaaay . .off for me, maybe I should have used my nickname! Your sounds just about right tho?

14. Andrew

Thanks Grannymar, you’ve given me the fodder for my laziest blog post to date. with a link to you, naturally.

I, too, have not the faintest clue what a Type A personality is. Lovely to be one, though.

15. Walls

It is very nice to read such pleasant things about oneself! I’m too old to believe most of them, however. There was nothing there that said, “You stand and fret in the mirror but will do little to fix the situation.” 😀

16. Pingback: The Meaning of AdjustantReflex | [dot]Reflex