Thursday Special ~ My Dentist

I like Joe my dentist because he always tries to put me at my ease. Recently he told me this story:

One day he noticed that his patient, a little old lady, was nervous so he decided to tell her a little joke as he put on his gloves.

‘Do you know how they make these gloves?’ he asked.

‘No, I don’t,’ she replied.

‘Well,’ he spoofed, ‘there’s a building in Canada with a big tank of latex and workers of all hand sizes walk up to the tank, dip in their hands, let them dry, then peel off the gloves and throw them into boxes of the right size.’

She didn’t crack a smile.

‘Oh, well. I tried,’ he thought.

But five minutes later, during a delicate portion of the procedure, she burst out laughing.

‘What’s so funny?’ he asked

‘I was just imagining how condoms are made!’

You have got to watch out for little old ladies! Our minds are always Working! 🙄

11 thoughts on “Thursday Special ~ My Dentist

He he! Obviously not true though, it’s impossible to laugh during the delicate bits, you can’t do anything except grunt and stare at the ceiling.

2. steph

Grannymar

Do I know you? 🙄

Sorry I can’t hang around here today as a TV celebrity is passing my way shortly and I don’t want to miss her! 😀

Grannymar,

Your discussion of how things are made reminds me of the story of a cultural exchange we had with visitors from Mars.

Our delegation from Earth asked the people from Mars how they reproduced. They said they would show them how that was done.

They took the Earth people to a large factory where they saw an assembly line. All little bodies came down the conveyor belt. Workers on each side of the belt put on little heads and someone else inserted eyes, a mouth and a nose. Then two more workers gave the little body two arms and two legs. Soon, they had a whole baby who was then put in the loving arms of its parents.

NOW, said the Martians, “How do the people of Earth reproduce?” Our delegation told them that it was a little more delicate but in the interest of Science they would have a couple demonstrate how we create a baby here on Earth.

The couple proceeded to mate and the Martians began laughing. “Why are you laughing ?” asked our
    scientists.

“Because, said the Martians,” That is how we make CARS.”

Always working alright, GM, working in devious and dastardly ways, I do like the image of the condom factory though.
    I’ll have to play Youtube later, I’m still out in dialup dementia.

@Nick – I love that image… ‘it’s impossible to laugh during the delicate bits, you can’t do anything except grunt and stare at the ceiling.’ 🙄

@Steph – It was a great day!

@Judy – Glad you enjoyed it.

@TheChrisD – Some people see dirt while others see clean, it all depends on the mind! 😉

@Darlene – Laughing keeps us young.

@Nancy – I can always depend on you to come back with a good story. 😀

@Magpie – See above!

@WWW – Dial-up is a pain!

Hahaha! Well my Painless Pete Palesey is the best dentist in the world but no latex jokes. He does wear rubber gloves but can’t vouch for the other appendages.