New MOO Me

I love the little mini business cards from Moo.com and I have used them since autumn 2007.

As per usual I learned about them from Elly.  She has used them on many an occasion.  She has them for personal & business cards, she used them inside wedding invitations for details of Gift registry, as Christmas Cards and for change of address & phone numbers to notify her relations and friends when she moved into her new home.  For the latter she added a narrow magnetic strip so folks could keep the details to hand on the fridge!

When the young pair were gadding about Europe on their funny honeymoon I had to find ways to amuse myself since I did not have them to annoy talk to.  So I turned to investigate MOO.  The mini cards came in bundles of 100 and the more bundles you bought the cheaper the cards became.

So you pick an image from stock or a photo from your own collection and size it down.  It is possible to pick a different image for each of the 100 cards ❗  Now that was a little ambitious for me, so I picked one photo I liked from the day of Elly & George’s wedding and used it for all the cards.

You then add up to 6 lines of text on the reverse of the card, selecting your own fonts & colours.  The site walks you through the process and the order and payment are completed online.  Normally they arrive very quickly.  MOO is based in London, England, where they print and hand-pack everything for global delivery.  A recent newsletter announced the eminent arrival of an office in the US.

Well my cards were running out!  STOP LAUGHING DOWN THE BACK YOU TEKKIES!  I had handed out almost 100 mini MOOs since Podcamp 2007 and 09 Bloggies were coming up fast.  So I planned my order.  Alas I left it rather late and the cards arrived after my trip to Cork.

So did I repeat my previous order?  I ordered another 100 with a different image on the front!

So what do you think of them this time?

Now I wonder….. would the MOO card image make a nice header for my blog?  Maybe Magpie might teach me! 😉

14 thoughts on “New MOO Me

1. steph

I’m way impressed, Grannymar

Never mind those TEKKIES, I think you’re a real whizz kid!

Another task I’ve yet to accomplish 😐

It looks like the sort of sign that announces an approaching village. “Grannymar.com welcomes careful drivers. Grannymar.com is twinned with Olomouc in the Czech Republic. Winner, Best Kept Village Award 1997.”

@Steph – Those Tekkies hand out 100 cards in five minutes!

@Nick – “Grannymar.com is twinned with Olomouc in the Czech Republic” I love it! 😀

Brighid,

I had some made for George my son-in-law at some stage, but asked him to choose the text and the photos.

Had heard of Moo but thought it expensive..

That’s a big ask..but here goes…Dashboard….side icons, 8 down below the pretty little cottage….this is Appearance…menu click on custom header and follow instructions IIRC…hope this helps…I found it whilst playing around……………Lunch calls

@Magpie – I was testing you! 😆 I think you know more than I do and the ‘back end’ of your blog is different to mine. I’ll talk to Elly when she returns from Tulipland next week. I might be told to leave well enough alone for the moment and concentrate on taming Tobias 🙄

@WWW – It is one thing handing out the cards…. I wonder how many of the recievees still have them?

Noice. We have a company that does the same here. cheap Calendars, cards, letterhead etc. Very handy and you can use their images or your own. Perfect for a facelift!

@Baino – The mini cards are almost cult thing here. People collect and display them.

@Magpie – My back end is my own business! 🙄 I think!

I am catching up on blog reading so will comment on the previous blog first. I think whoever wrote it knew me.

You image is very nice. It would make a nice header on your blog.

10. maureen

Those are priceless! And I’m sure a treasure for any whod be lucky to receive one (hint, hint)

At first glance I thought your picture was a wheel of brie cheese 😉

@Darlene – I spent the last week playing catch-up on my blog reading, nearly there now!

@Maureen – I can see why you thought it was a wheel of cheese. 😀