Sometimes my lunch is based on two slices of bread. The variety of bread varies time about:-
Crusty French stick
Unlike my mother before me I do not dress the bread with half a pound of butter.The very thought is enough to turn my stomach.In order to keep a filling from falling all over the table a scraping of moisture is necessary and in my case it varies depending on the filling.
The base coat can be
- Stewed fruit
- Juice from grilled bacon (never fried)
- Marmalade or jam
- Avocado mashed with a few drops of lemon juice and freshly ground black, topped with a tomato & salad onion salsa. A personal favourite.
- Hard boiled egg & onion
- Smoked salmon with lemon juice on wheaten
- Grilled bacon
- Tuna & sweet-corn
- BLT – Warm grilled bacon & tomato with lettuce
- Pineapple & cheese
- Sliced beetroot & black pepper
- Sliced Tomato with chopped salad onion and basil
For those with a sweet tooth,,,
- Sliced desert apple and Mars bar
- Chocolate Hazelnut spread with mashed banana or sliced pear
Do you have a favourite sambo?