Handy Hints for Wednesday ~ 36

This week we begin with some great advice from Maxine!

If you have difficulty removing a stubborn screw, I often heard to pour Coke on it. But now I have a new solution and that is to heat the screw with a soldering iron for a few seconds first, and then it will untwist easily.

Has your pet lost its appetite? Try giving it a saucer of beer. It is known to perk up the appetite.

Are your pets pestered with fleas?   Put a foam rubber pad in the pets bed and the fleas will abscond mighty fast they hate foam.

Do you have stubborn staples stuck to a dry cleaning ticket on the inside of your clothes? . An old nail clippers will work well to remove the staple.

No complaints now please…. the vinegar has gone on holidays!

15 thoughts on “Handy Hints for Wednesday ~ 36

1. Brighid

I’m using my whole house as a message board at the moment.
    As for the stubborn screw, just shoot’m.
    My dog loves a Guiness, but I’ve had to put him on BudLite for weight.
    My Pet said he doesn’t have fleas.
    Dry cleaner: tell them it’s menswear ( cheaper that way) and ask them to remove the staples for you.

@Ramana – 😆 Could I then call you my lapdog? 😆

@Brighid – Thanks for the Dry Cleaning tip!

@Steph – No complaining allowed! 😉

Great hints, GM. I’m sure all of your readers have a soldering iron handy in their home. You never know when your going to get a stubborn screw.

I don’t mind sharing beer with my dog as long as he shares his Kibble and Bits with me.. Hmmmmm…

I put a foam rubber sheet in my dog’s bed and, you were right! The fleas jumped right off of Rover and right onto ME… I’m covered with the little pests.

Speaking of fleas, did you hear about what one flea said to the other as they were going out one evening.
    “Shall we walk or take the dog?”

Finally, Grannymar, how can I ever thank you for telling me about old staples from the dry Cleaner being inside my clothing? You have solved my skin problem. I have spent a fortune on creams and lotions and I still get these terrible long scratches every time I wear certain outfit I had dry cleaned about 5 years ago. Who knew about those staples until you told me?

I’m never wearing those tight leotards again….Ouch!

@Nancy – What will I do with you! I love the idea of you in a leotard!

@WWW – I am a pacifist, there are no guns here….. thank goodness! 😀

Yes, indeed, GM, I thought I would become a great dancer but when I went to the dancing class, by the time I got the leotard on the lesson was over.

Nancy,

I went to Irish dancing classes and got my feet mixed up! Is it any wonder I need a new hip!

7. Ashok

The way I see it, dogs don’t share their food with me so I am not going to share my beer with them 😛 Having said that, is it okay for Dogs to take a dig at beer?

I had an old horse once who lost his appetite and the vet gave him doses of arsenic! I think he would have preferred beer.

9. Grannymar

@Ashok – And why not?

@Baino – Well mother had a saying… ‘If it doesn’t kill you, it should cure you’! Your vet proved it worked.

A heat gun for old screws!!!!! I sometimes put the screw driver into the slot and give it a good whack with a hammer…works more often than not.

Friends had a menagerie and parquet flooring( four cats and a St Bernard). They went on holiday and put the animals in kennels. A month later they returned home in the company of other friends. The he part of the other couple habitually wore shorts and sandals. On entering the house he was seen to magically acquire a pair of moving socks!!!!