- Sit upright in a high chair with arm rests.
- Avoid low chairs.
- Use a sock aid to put on stockings.
- Use a long handled shoe horn to put on my shoes.
- Not to pivot on my leg when walking or allow my leg to rotate out or in excessively.
- Remember NOT to cross my legs while sitting or lying in bed (wonder if I can do it while fibbing?).
- Have one way traffic in bed – get in and out of bed on the side of the hip to be operated on.
- Use a pillow between my legs in bed to keep my new hip in the correct position (do you think I could get away with substituting a toyboy?).
Any takers for my sandals….