Ambition

The best classroom in the world is at the feet of an Elderly person.

It is my ambition to provide welcoming floor cushions when my day comes to sit in that chair.

25 thoughts on “Ambition

1. Ashok

You always manage to say so much with so few words. I concur with Ramana sir, please include me in your list of Shishyas πŸ™‚

Mm! Good job I retired then….I don’t stand a chance…I’ll never grow up!

What is a Shishya? Sounds like some sort of comestible?

@Magpie, you may well ask what @Ramana and @Ashok are talking about!

I would love to know what a Shishya is. Do you think it is related to a Shish kebab? πŸ™„

4. Conrad

Excellent! Make me a Shishya, too! And a Falafel…

You are so delightfully unpredictable, LOL. Today you are civilized again. That visit must have released tension.

I would gladly sit at your feet to learn.

@Marianna – glad to open up your memory box. I look forward to you joining us with posting for the consortium. Do hurry up, these Toyboys and Shishyas are wearing me out (don’t tell them πŸ˜‰ ) !

@Conrad – Fried?

6. Jean Browman--Cheerful Monk

That picture lifted my spirits and warmed my heart. Thank you!

I have enough years to be elderly, but I don’t notice anyone wanting to sit at my feet. So I’ll stick with my original ambition of never growing up. πŸ™‚

I would love to be able to draw a picture like that. I especially love the shoes. They’re not that different from the ones I wear. πŸ˜‰

Jean,

that picture is not my work, it came in an email many moons ago. Alas, I have no idea who the artist was. I too love those boots, such a perfect fit!

8. Ashok

@Magpie and Grannymar: Shishya literally translated means follower/student. “Guru” means the teacher and he/she has many shishyas. Sorry to disappoint, but we are not eatables. We are still delicious though πŸ˜‰

Ashok,

Thank you for the clear explanation of the role of shishyas. I am sure that indeed you are delicious.

I can’t see many people wanting to sit at my feet. I don’t feel much wiser than forty years ago, in fact I’m more aware of the huge expanses of human knowledge I’m blissfully ignorant of. I think I’d do better to sit at someone else’s feet.

Nice ambition GM you have quite a few shishyas already. I’d love to play this. Might post on another day. It’s nice to have a vague guide to spark a post.

@Nick – You have a mountain of knowledge to share, we all do, the road we travelled to reach today held many gems worth passing on to younger generations.

@Baino – You should certainly give it a burl. Four of us are taking part at the moment and we each have a very different take on the subject. It all makes interesting reading.

@Judy – You are welcome,

13. Pingback: My Great Ambition — cheerfulmonk.com

14. Ashok

@Grannymar: Why, thank you! Now perhaps you could forward my profile to a few interested ladies of my age πŸ˜‰ kidding

@Ashok, As I did with Elly, I give you the freedom to make your own choice of soul-mate and partner for life. Choose well!

16. Rhyleysgranny

Well I rather like the idea of being a shishya. I certainly have the two little persons who should be sitting at my feet. Unfortunately when they are with me sitting is not an activity familiar to them. πŸ˜‰