Handy Hints for Wednesday ~ 39

Make the soles of new shoes slip proof by scraping the soles along the pavement a few times.

To keep beetroot and cabbage red while cooking, add lemon juice or vinegar to the water.

For stainless steel and chrome, use a moist cloth and dry baking soda to make it shine like new. Rinse and dry. On stainless steel, rub in the direction of the grain.

Do you find eating tacos a little messy?  Coffee filters make convenient wrappers for messy foods

Now toyboys, why spend money on expensive aftershave? A little apple cider vinegar dabbed on freshly shaved skin will keep it disinfected and looking good,

14 thoughts on “Handy Hints for Wednesday ~ 39

“Now toyboys, why spend money on expensive aftershave? A little apple cider vinegar dabbed on freshly shaved skin will keep it disinfected and looking good”

That is if you don’t mind smelling like a bag of Fish and Chips…

Oh, never mind. She’ll never notice your smell anyway. She will be too busy scraping her new shoes on the pavement. Why didn’t you just suggest she ride a bike that had no brakes? That will take the soles off your shoes quick enough….
    I

@Nancy – I knew it! As I typed that tip, I knew you would come up with an answer for me.

@WWW – I am fast running out of ideas for the use of the ‘V’ word! 🙄

3. steph

@ Nancy

😆 😆

I’m lying in bed (my own) with tears of laughter streaming down my face.

Grannymar,

I don’t get the coffee filters idea? I suppose next, you’ll be suggesting we eat our chips (without VINEGAR) outta coffee filters 🙄

@Ramana – In short…. Nothing! The beard as it is seems to work for the widows in the joggers park! 🙄 See your comment on yesterdays post. 😆

@Steph – Welcome home, rest plenty and stay well. The coffee filters are the same shape as filled tacos, so you can use them to save filling falling on your clothes.

@Darlene – Apple cider vinegar is not as strong as normal vinegar.

5. delilah

Hah – thanks for the laugh. Reminds me of one from Viz magazine’s Top Tips ages ago that kept me laughing for about a week: “Readers -don’t throw out those old telephone directories! Simply cut out the names and addresses of all of the people you DON’T know, and – hey presto! – you’ve got yourself a brand new personal address book!”.

Delilah,

Welcome to the party. Half the fun comes from those who comment. Your suggestion would really appeal to Nancy!