The Sky Last Night

9.30pm last night from my bedroom window on a dull and cloudy night.

: See you @ 5pm.

16 thoughts on “The Sky Last Night

@Steph – See you then. 😀

@Nick – I would love to see the image after some of the serious camera guys played about with it.

Kate,

The sun is shining and I am about to spend an hour outdoors pulling weeds. I bet you will hear my bones squeak and me squeal as I move about! 😆

3. kenju

What a gorgeous, gorgeous photo!!

Grannymar, come back to read the answer to your question today. I put it in an edit on the blog.

Grannymar,

You have made a “Holy Picture” as we called them many years ago in Catholic School.

The Sisters always presented us with a Holy Card that looked just like this if we spelled Transfiguration or
    Annunciation properly.

I was always a pretty good speller so I had drawersful of them at one time.

It really is beautiful….

I have never seen this kind of weird, but beautiful, sky before. It must be a Northern phenomenon. Pink clouds are common here in the morning and evening, but never at 9:30 at night. Stunning!!!

6. Ashok

My faith in the existence of God is reaffirmed whenever I see nature in all its beauty. This photo being a case in point 🙂

@ Darlene,

I have a friend whose husband was a pilot for British Airways and they were transferred to Aberdeen, Scotland in the month of June.

They had never lived that far North in their lives so when they arrived at their new home at 7:00 P.M. the children asked if they could play outside for a while. My friend replied that they could stay out just until it got dark.

Do you know what time it gets dark in Aberdeen in the middle of June? My friend soon found out when at 10:00 P.M. the kids were still outside playing…..

@Kate – It is a beautiful day here and I enjoyed my time outdoors. Alas the work done was minuscule… but at least I tried. 😀

@Judy – thanks for the explanation.

@Magpie – The body won’t let me do much bending these days. Do they do concrete in green? 🙄

@Nancy – A “Holy Picture” came to mind when I saw the sunset. 😆

@Darlene – Occasionally during high summer we manage to enjoy the Aurora Borealis.

@Ashok – Last year I posted several views of evening skies at sunset. It is amazing how the colour changes with the months. I suppose living on a hill gives a greater chance to enjoy them.

@Nancy – In June it never really gets that dark. Elly was born in May, I remember sitting for the 2am feeds all summer without the aid of artificial lights. That year we had glorious weather from the week she arrived until October and she was reared in the garden, only coming indoors for a bath and bed-time.

9. Pingback: Grannymar » Aurora Borialis Grannymar Style

Baino,

The sky had been rather leaden for several hours when the sinking sun sent out these rays through a gap in the cloud. It lasted for some time, giving me the opportunity to take several shots.