In Marriage

I feel that:-

That is how it was in our house

24 thoughts on “In Marriage

1. Daniel

That’s lovely – I’ve heard it before a long time ago and it’s good to be reminded of it again. I’ll have to try and remember it for the next time I am doing a wedding sermon.

God makes Adam and Adam walks through Eden, simply existing. But things in Eden get a little slow so God says, “Adam, for you I will create a woman.” Adam is interested.

“She will be everything you could possibly want in a woman, she will be beautiful, professionally and financially successful, a great mother and awesome in bed.”

God has Adam’s full attention. Adam wonders what he has done to fall under such good graces. “But,” God says, “She’s going to cost you an arm and a leg.”

Adam stops and thinks,

“Well ,an arm and a leg,huh? God, that sound like a pretty good deal but what can I get for a rib?”

3. Lily

1975 was International womens year, so an essay on this topic was hotly tipped for Leaving Cert French. I learned that piece off in French. A suitable essay did indeed come up, so the piece was put to good use.

It has stayed with me since!

4. steph

@ Lily

Bless your memory. I too did Leaving Cert in 1975 but can barely remember the subjects I took, let alone the topics!

Your challenge now is to reproduce the above piece in French ๐Ÿ˜€

@Steph – never tried it with bar-B-Q sauce! ๐Ÿ™„

@Baino – I’ll take it every way I like!:D

@Nancy – Thats another good one.

@Lily – Glad to call up that memory for you.

How many women have topped their men I wonder?
    Or stomped all over every man they can find?
    Or sought to put themselves above men?
    Or rejected offers of help, assistance or protection
    Or married a man , had his kids and then ditched him for another woman?

Just wondering? We’re all human!

@Magpie – I met quite a few in my time, I don’t think they did themselves or anyone else any favours! ๐Ÿ™

@Jean – You are welcome.

I always have thought that marriage should be a partnership with no one being boss. It was that way in my marriage {At least I believe my husband thought so. ;-). } He always said I handled the little things like where we should live, what kind of furniture we should buy, how we spent our money while he handled the big things like how our diplomacy should be handled with Russia, whether we should go to war, etc.

9. bikehikebabe

I hope that sign prints up well. I’ll post it in the kitchen to remind my husband. He protects & loves me but would like to be boss. I want to be boss too.
    He doesn’t agree with his wanting to be boss.

BHB,

I don’t want to be responsible for a war in your kitchen! If Tom asks, tell him you got it from ‘anonymous’… that is the name at the bottom!

11. Lily

@Steph Haha no I wont!

Funny my short-term memory can let me down now, yet I remember trivia from years ago. Maybe I should spring-clean the trivia out, and I might make more room to remember stuff relevant to today!