Thursday Special ~ Will I Live to see 80?

I recently picked a new primary care doctor.  After two visits and exhaustive lab tests, he said I was doing “fairly well” for my age (now over 60).

A little concerned about that comment, I couldn’t resist asking him, “Do you think I’ll live to be 80?”

He asked, “Do you smoke tobacco or drink beer or wine?”

“Oh no,” I replied.  “I’m not doing drugs, either!”

Then he asked, “Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued ribs?”

I said, “Not much — my former doctor said that all red meat is very unhealthy!”

“Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, sailing, hiking, or bicycling?”

“No, I don’t,” I said.

He asked, “Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have a lot of sex?”

“No,” I said.

He looked at me and said,…

“Then, why do you even give a shit???”

Thats not me up there…..  good old email sent it!

32 thoughts on “Thursday Special ~ Will I Live to see 80?

@Steph – Pills? Thats your excuse! 😉

@Nick – The storyteller did, not me. I spent yesterday with a wonderful team in preparation for my forthcoming hip surgery. All going to plan. 😀

2. Rumuuser

Nick, don’t you know, one toy boy is never enough for Grannymar. She needs a team of them.

Grannymar, I give a shit. You can tell that a******e PCD that I said so. Seriously however, why any way?

Ramana, I need at least one on each arm…. for balance you know! 😉
    Calm down! I’m not planning on an early departure! 😆

4. Geri Atric

No but, what with all the cooking, photography, sewing, toyboys, blogging, and jaunting around to interesting places in your little car; how would you ever find time for sex, drugs and rock n’ roll – even if you were so inclined, which I know you’re not GM, although… just wait till after that hip off. Bet you’ll be gyrating with the best of them?!

5. Geri Atric

‘Pill Popping Party’ – haha!
    Steph has some impressive looking ‘bombs’ in her collection though doesn’t she? Couldn’t get those down my sore throat.
    (Or, er, perhaps they’re not meant to go in that way……Steph?)

6. Maynard

“You know you’re getting old when all the names (Toyboys–I added this) in your black book have M. D. after them. ”
    Harrison Ford

@ Maynard,

OR, all the items in your grocery cart are labeled:

FOR THE FAST RELIEF OF……..

@Steph,

I know that looks like me, but I would NEVER wear Yellow socks with my pink leotards. I do have SOME class, you know….

8. steph

You know what?

With you lot, who needs pills anyway?

Money couldn’t buy a better tonic 😀

(Nancy, so it’s yellow socks only?)

@Geri – I’m saying nuttin about where Steph keeps her pills! 😉

@Maynard – I know I am old… ’cause the only time I am asked to pose topless nowadays, is when I go for a mammogram 🙁

@Nancy – Yellow socks are just your colour!

@Magpie – Mmmmm to you too! 😉

@Steph – You mean I could make money out of this ❓

@Kate – Young in heart, I hope! 😀

Darlene, don’t you worry about the leotard. When I get my new ‘shock absorber’ I will call on you, bikehikebabe & Ramana then the four of us will put on a show of our special hippy sequence dancing. It might even make the Olympics for 2012 ❗

I am starting with the choreography now, Grannymar. I, 2, 3, kick – shake your bum and a – 1, 2, 3 kick. Shake, shake, shake.

Oops – I just fell down. Let’s try that last step again.

12. Maynard

Darlene, do your dance in the water, so when you fall down, Grannymar will not have to pick you up! But be careful with that “bum” shaking , you may vibrate all of the water out of the pool!

13. Maynard

Grannymar, actually I got certified as a Life Guard in high school (43 years ago), but all I remember is –grab the hair of the drowning person and start swimming to shore. If you ladies keep shaking your “bums”, then , I think we would be able to walk to shore!

@Jean – Never mind my balance, I think I’ve lost my marbles…. I just put my hand out for a pen to reply to your comment!

@Darlene – We will keep bob, bob, bobbing along!

@Baino – My Doc won’t keep me in long enough to party.

15. Pingback: Grannymar » Rehearsals have started