Post-Hip Replacement Day 2 Update

Looks like the hunky toyboy docs were making Grannymar’s heart race yesterday, so she didn’t get a chance to get out of bed last night.

All her blood tests today are good and her consultant saw her last night and again this morning.

This afternoon she had her first trip out of bed and walked to a chair to sit up for a while. She’s been walking around a little more since.

I just spoke to the ward staff nurse and mum had a good day overall, tomorrow morn they will repeat blood tests and then send her to the gym to see how she perfoms. I’ll possibly be taking her home tomorrow afternoon, but it might be the next day.

Once again, I’d like to repeat mum’s request that no-one call the ward directly. Many thanks for your support on this.

I’ll try and post an update tomorrow morning before I travel up. You can also keep an eye on my Twitter account (@ellybabes) as I can update that from my phone and don’t need an internet connection, so it will be easier to update tomorrow.

12 thoughts on “Post-Hip Replacement Day 2 Update

1. steph

Thanks (again), Elly

“… and then send her to the gym”

P-O-O-R Grannymar. Is there no rest for the wicked? :mrgreen:

Please give her a big hug from me when you see her tomorrow!

Wow that’s amazing took her first steps already and home in three days! Wow they don’t muck about. My dad was in for five with a knee replacement. Give her my love Elly and thanks for the updates.

3. bikehikebabe

“and then send her to the gym to see how she performs.” -Elly’s update

Here in the U.S. we go to the gym to work-out. You know- treadmill, elliptical, lift weights. Seems a little harsh for Grannymar right after surgery.

make sure the treadmill is not running too fast, Ellie and tell her not to get too distracted by the toyboys in the weightlifting end of things.
    give her my love

You are kidding? She will be home soon? I spent a month total in the hospital and rehab. There is no way in hell I would have been ready for home so soon. Grannymar, you must be a very strong and determined lady. I do hope they are not pushing you too fast.

I assume by the gym you mean rehab. I did simple things at first, like marching in place and then graduated to a machine that you sat in and pushed the pedals.

I am happy that Grannymar is doing so well. Keep up the good work.

6. bikehikebabe

I was in (the) hospital for 2 days with my hip replacement. The way Health Care is today, they want you Out ASAP.