I am very late today, please go easy on me as I am struggling a little today. I’ll be grand tomorrow!
Fried Potatoes with a difference
- 500g potatoes, grated and rinsed to extract the starch.
- 3 tablespoons of sunflower oil.
- 375g vegetables finely chopped; choose from broccoli, cabbage, carrot, cauliflower, celery, courgettes, leeks, mushrooms, onion, parsnips, peppers, runner beans or sweet corn.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2.5cm piece of fresh root ginger, grated.
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Use a cloth to squeeze the excess moisture from the grated potato. Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan or wok. Fry the grated potato fot 5-10 minutes or until nearly cooked, stirring frequently. Add the chosen vegetables, soy sauce, ginger and salt and pepper and fry briskly for a further 5-10 to cook the vegetables yet still keeping them crisp. Serve hot.