Thursday Special ~ Parrot Talk

A lady goes to her priest one day and tells him, ‘Father, I have a problem. I have two female parrots, but they only know how to say one thing.’

‘What do they say?’ the priest inquired.

They say, ‘Hi, we’re hookers! Do you want to have some fun?’

That’s obscene!’ the priest exclaimed d, Then he thought for a moment.

‘You know,’ he said, ‘I may have a solution to your problem. I have two male talking parrots, which I have taught to pray and read the Bible. Bring your two parrots over to my house, and we’ll put them in the cage with Francis and Peter.

My parrots can teach your parrots to praise and worship, and your parrots are sure to stop saying that phrase in no time.’
Thank you,’ the woman responded, ‘This may very well be the solution.’

The next day, she brought her female parrots to the priest’s house.

As he ushered her in, she saw that his two male parrots were inside their cage holding rosary beads and praying. Impressed, she walked over and placed her parrots in with them. After a few minutes, the female parrots cried out in unison: โ€˜Hi, we’re hookers! Do you want to have some fun?’

There was stunned silence. Shocked, one male parrot looked over at the other male parrot and exclaimed, ‘Put the beads away, Frank. Our prayers have been answered!’

17 thoughts on “Thursday Special ~ Parrot Talk

That reminds me of the prostitute and the priest.

When the priest went to confession he always talked about sex.

When the prostitute went to confession she always talked about God.

Very profound lesson there but I forgot what it was but the parrots reminded me of it.

2. Maynard

Rummy, with that “Tough Guy” image, what professsion is that?
    Show Grannymar that image, and let her decide honestly on that dissuasion.

3. gaelikaa

Don’t let that put you off Ramanaji. When you set out in the quest for the eternal truths, you will always get distractions along the way! That’s the world calling out to your base side (could there possibly be one?) in order to corrupt you and hinder your quest. No! Don’t be distracted. Keep your eyes on your worthy obective and you will not fail in the hour of temptation. Grannymar is simply being a good friend and putting a little test your way, that’s all. It will simply make you stronger. My Yash always says that in India people go off in search of the truth after the age of fifty. Well, he is already there, but I have no intention of allowing him to jump ship at this stage and go off to live in an ashram taking care of devotees etc. as he has a wife and four kids to provide for etc. etc. etc. I tell him that kind of pursuit is alright for Ramanaji, he has completed his duties and raised his family and all the rest. Anyway, like I said, don’t be distracted Ramanaj, go ahead, press on etc. but I have no intention of allowing Yash to get into that stuff, I will pack my bags and head back to Ireland with the four kids and that will be the end of it. He has more or less understood it by now. Like I said, ok for you but not for him. Not yet anyway! After all the Karva Chauths I’ve done for that man. There’s gratitude for you.

Magpie – I thought I was the one mentioning toyboys. ๐Ÿ™„

Chrisb – I thought it was different.

WWW – Would that be half a lesson so?

Ramana – ME? Are you that easily distracted???????????

Maynard – What are you up to now?

Gaelikaa – I think you will be head of the queue to visit Ramanaji in his new profession. ๐Ÿ˜†

I’ll bet Nancy will have a new priest or nun joke when she gets back from Florida. I know a couple, but I don’t dare spoil my image as a sweet little old lady.

Darlene – You hold on to the sweet little young lady image! ๐Ÿ˜€ I am sure Nancy will soon catch up when she returns in the next couple of days.

What IS his new profession? Have I missed something?

@Gaelikaa, I was told the truth as a child…only later I realised that they lied and it’s all up to each individual. But, at 63, I’m still searching. ๐Ÿ™‚

GM …you just have to watch these female parrots, even when they do wear wimples!

Jean – ๐Ÿ˜€

Magpie – This new profession involves 108 Rudraksha beads & a Mountain!

The wood of Rudraksha tree is light coloured almost whitish in appearance. It has a unique strength-to-weight ratio, making it valued for its timber. The wood of Rudraksha Tree was used to make aeroplane propellers during World War I.

I don’t think Ramana will be in need of aeroplane propellers on top of that mountain.

9. Maria

My two parrots, Tweety and Josephine, are still laughing at this joke, but they stopped long enough to inquire if Peter and Francis had an e-mail address. Later I found Tweetie on line looking up the price for international flights, while Josephine was busy packing parrot food in small bags for their flight.

Grannymar, What have you started. Here are my sweet girls looking for boy toy parrots. LOL

Judy – Come back and read Maria’s comment! ๐Ÿ˜†