Situation Wanted

Carer Nurse seeks a new position of employment

CONDITIONS

1. Patient must be out of bed and dressed at crack of dawn before making their own breakfast!
  2. Exercises to be accompanied with LOUD music and completed in record time – no grumbling allowed.
  3. Patient should enjoy being frogmarched uphill and down.Β  No wasting time blowing your nose or pausing for breath.
  4. Patient must help with knitting & sewing chores as required.
  5. Patient must buy lunch for nurse at least once a week miles away from home.

30 thoughts on “Situation Wanted

1. Maria

It is six on a Saturday morning, and my first comment went flying into cyberspace. Perhaps I have not had enough coffee yet to ground it.

How can anyone look so good first thing in the morning. You look absolutely beautiful. It must be that wonderful weather I keep hearing about in Northern Ireland.

I have a friend that will have surgery next week so maybe that care nurse would like a trip to the States. I think my friend could give her a real run for her money.

Now I will send this and hope the cyber-gremlins will be too busy to snatch it from the air.

2. Grannymar

Maria – Not sure what happened to the first comment. I checked the sin bin and it was not there. Glad you made it this time. Elly suddenly produced the Flip when I was pretending not to get out of bed. that gave me the idea for the advert. She approved it before it went live.

Maynard – NO WAY!

Ramana – I don’t want her to.

Well, these patients just don’t know what’s good for them. A five mile run and a good workout at 3 am, that’s what they need. Left to themselves, they’d do nothing but watch soaps and drink gin. Keep that whip handy, Elly, I say.

4. Grannymar

Nick – My legs are worn down to my knees….. I walked a mile this morning! Alas, gin is off the menu right now, I can’t risk being found drunk in charge of crutches. πŸ™„

5. bikehikebabe

YOU ARE ADORABLE. And your “big leg” went away.

Getting out of bed is hard to do.
    Sing to the tune of “Breaking up is hard to do”

6. Grannymar

ChrisD – I have not dismissed her yet!

BHB – The leg is almost back to normal, the ankle and foot swell as the day goes on. I notice an improvement every day.

I noticed that the cup of tea was waiting for you so your nurse Hitler can’t be all bad. πŸ˜‰

I need a nurse Cratchit to prod me. After eleven months I still can’t walk a mile. I am amazed at your progress. And I don’t pop out of bed that quick, either. And my hair doesn’t look that good even after I comb it. You are the wonder woman of 2009.

8. Grannymar

Rhyleysgranny – Me a rebel? Well…. only on Tuesdays and Saturdays!

BHB – I need upper body exercise and pillows don’t cause injury.

Darlene – Elly says you are on! She will be in Arizona in November if you want to interview her. πŸ˜†

Val – Elly is the perfect nurse for me right now.

Why you’re more spritely than me getting out of bed! And frankly, if you buy me lunch once a week, I’d like the job. You’d be a better boss than the one I’ve got at the moment! (Nice linen by the way . . .I love yellow!)

Elly, I am looking forward to having you nurse me. I love lunch out too, so get yourself over the pond. I have to get in shape so I can keep up with Grannymar and Bikehikebabe.

Maybe we can scrounge up a toy boy or two for your Mum and me. That means Grannymar will have to come too. Whoo Hoo – what fun we could have. (If nurse Ratchet will let me.)

11. Grannymar

Jean – I get tired, but otherwise I a fine.

Baino – I am not so sprightly getting into bed after the activity of the day The yellow is very calming.

Darlene – Let the fun begin! πŸ˜€

Judy – How far is it from South Carolina to Tucson, Arizona? Would you make it for lunch?

12. Steph

Grannymar (and Elly)

Brilliant video!

It’s lovely to see you giggling like a naughty schoolgirl…

especially having survived THOSE conditions! πŸ˜‰

13. Grannymar

Steph – We do plenty of giggling, teasing and leg pulling. NO! Not the right one please. πŸ˜†

Darlene – I am searching for my dancing shoes.

14. Pingback: The Joys of Modern Technology — cheerfulmonk.com

15. Alice

You’re looking absolutely MAH-VE-LOUS! And pretty and trim, too. Looks like you’ve had a wonderful nurse there in Elly; I know you’ll be sorry to see her go. Now that you can walk a mile, you can visit her for “touch up” nursing now and then. Glad to see your progress!

16. Grannymar

Alice, I will really miss Elly when she returns to Dublin in a few weeks time. Her sense of fun, encouragement and gentle pushing to reach new goals, tempting and enjoyable meals all make for a speedy recovery.

I am not really sure about her singing! πŸ™„

17. Pingback: Grannymar » I’m wearing my PJs!