The Future

The nicest thing about the future is that it begins tomorrow.

A new beginning, a clean sheet.

Would I change the past?  Nobody can.  Not even God can change the past.

But tomorrow I can make a difference…..

If I get out of bed!

24 thoughts on “The Future

Helen – I hope you don’t see my curlers! 😉

Magpie – Ah no! Sure you are great fun, give us another dance!

Steph – Only for a little rest…. than come out to play.

Dorothy – One day at a time is the way to go!

Maynard – I DON’T. Did you put that cat there?

2. bikehikebabe

I just got up. I’m embarrassed that I thought Magpie11 was a woman because he leaves comments about sewing on the stitchery posts. Sorry

NO! I’m not sorry. I know a sexy man who loves to knit. I love a man who isn’t macho.

3. Brighid

I wish I could stay in bed a bit longer, but then Himself gets up at 4am to go to work, so up and at’em, burning daylight here.

Ramana – I would hate to wake grumpy any morning! 🙄

Nick – Because tomorrow will be a new day!

BHB – I think that Magpie was quietly amused. It goes to show how easily we judge a book by its cover, without looking deeper.

Baino – At least you should have daylight at this time of the year. Here at that time it pitch black and freezing. I know I am often awake at 5.30am.

Brighid, I was distracted and missed you slipping in there. 4am is a little early even for me. In my working days, I hopped out of the bed every morning at 5.50 like a lark.

BHB – I struggled to learn to knit when I was young. My brother learned so much faster.

That could have been a leading comment!

How about that dance that all Irishmen know, or at least think they know, The Siege of Ennis? Or maybe some of that great quadrille dancing ? I rather enjoy The Waves of Tory myself.

Just don’t ask me to waltz…it is so hard to do well!

8. bikehikebabe

I don’t “LOVE” Maynard. (BTW I think he lives a couple thousand miles from here. I read him on this blog.)

I meant I love him the way I love men who aren’t macho.
    We women wear pants, do men sports, have to cut our hair off to do Katie Couric type jobs (i.e. national newscaster), plaster ourselves with tatoos yuck, & more. But heaven forbid, a man doesn’t want to appear “girly”.

Magpie – I always thought that Irish dances had silly names – The Siege of Ennis or The Walls of Limerick…. I am not familiar with The Waves of Tory.

BHB – Maynard is fun, we all love him.

Judy – Thank you Judy, I think we are back in the comfort zone once more.

Bikehikebabe – How I sympathise with your second paragraph. Just why are men so paranoid about doing anything girly? I guess they’re just not man enough to be women, as someone once said….

11. bikehikebabe

Thank you Nick. It feels good to have someone agree with you. And to put it in writing (as we say but mean print).

12. bikehikebabe

Ramana, I’d say I love you, but I already love you.

If any female shaves her upper lip, it’s a deep, dark secret.