Staying in bed

I think I will stay in bed today.

Dum de dum de dum…..

Where is room service?

Ah well, It was a nice idea, but I am starving,

Maybe tonight I will bring a picnic to bed for my breakfast.  What do you think?

16 thoughts on “Staying in bed

Absolutely, set up the “Teas Maid” bring in the tray with your ever-so-carefully measured brekky and make crumbs. I cannot for the life of me sleep in. Once awake, I have to get out of bed. I so wish I could languish there, especially on a cold or wet morning. Maybe I should move the computer into the bedroom . . er . . .nah . . I’d never get out of bed.

I can’t sleep in either, once awake I have to be up and about. But Jenny and I always have breakfast in bed on Sundays, I make us some toast and marmalade and a cup of tea.

Baino – Do they still make the “Teas Maids”? Crumbs in the bed! No that is enough to put me off.

Nick – I am glad to see that it is You who make the Sunday morning cuppa.

Go ahead and have a picnic in bed, GM.

It’s OK, I’ll take care of notifying the ants in your neighborhood…..

5. Deb

Grannymar –
    Had to come see what your biggest fan, Mayo, was talking about!
    Love eating in bed – Sunday am with the big newspaper and food – why bother to get up at all?

After years of being woken by a cheerful matron at boarding school (“‘Morning Boys! Ten past seven.”) I too often sleep in…mind you bad dreams and losing my part of the duvet doesn’t help matters!

My bed has been the recliner for a week now. I not only had breakfast in bed, but lunch and dinner. My Nurse Ratchet made sure I didn’t leave my nest unless absolutely necessary (And I will leave it to your imagination as to what that would be.)

Magpie – Always a morning person, this new found laziness came into my life with the new hip. Hopefully when the days lengthen I will resume the old ways.

Darlene – You have been in the wars again. I do hope the eye is healing and that the eye shadow is not of a natural colour. Take care and enjoy your Apple!

9. bikehikebabe

I’d love to stay in bed but I MAKE myself get up. I’m going snowshoeing out in the cold. If I don’t keep going, I might die & I don’t want to wreak my image. Old but still alive.

10. Annb

I am a born again morning person who, very rarely, gets the chance to to go back to bed. But oh when I do…. It’s bliss: toast, coffee, radio… need I say more?. zzzzzz

11. Judy Harper

I wish I could relax and sleep late. If I do oversleep, I feel like I lost half of the day and it’s difficult to get everything accomplished! Plus, those pesky pets want to be fed, can you believe!

12. Brighid

Nice to hear that you are able to stay in bed. I never could, it always seemed like there was something or someone who needed feeding, walking, or checking on. Now it’s just a lifelong habit to get up and meet the day.

Annb – Hunger gets me out of bed. I always look forward to my breakfast.

Judy – I am often awake from 5am. I have taught myself not to jump up at that time.

Brighid – Old habits die hard. This extreme wintry weather (we have snow again since Friday) allows me to take my brekkie back to bed!