Success!

On 8th April I wrote by way of apology for my enforced absence online, and to tell the tale of woe in having the service restored.

Once back in action harmony was restored and life continued as per normal.

Earlier this week my quarterly phone bill popped through the door.  I pay by direct debit so there was no great request for me to hand over my widow’s mite! 🙂  As per usual routine, I run my eye down the five pages of information to make sure that all is correct.

The line rental and other basic charges were there, the list of calls made and of course the VAT.  It all seemed in order.  Then I took another look.  Yes, I was charged for everything.  There was of course no reference made to the lack of service over five days.

I phoned the accounts department… well, I tried to phone them.  We had of course to play a game of ‘Options’ before I got there.  Eventually I was through to a very nice young lady in New Delhi.  I explained my dilemma and she was most helpful.

The final result is that a months rental will be deducted from my next bill.  Sweet!

13 thoughts on “Success!

1. Geri Atric

That is sweet GM.! It’s a pity though that we always have to ‘chase up’ the things that are ours by right… Still, you did so – and you deserve the good result!

2. Nelly

I agree with Geri about the chasing. They make quite a bit of money out of the people who don’t do it.

And, for you Grannymar – good woman yourself!

Geri – It seems at times that the bigger the company the more effort we must employ to chase up our rights! 🙁

Nelly – The faulty card apparently knocked out many others in my area. It was a call from India and not the local engineers who told me that. I wonder if any of the others even bothered reporting their lack of broadband?

4. Mayo

I just hate to have to follow up on someone elses incompetemce.

Such is life! Grannymar,could I ask you to follow up on things like this for me. Great job!!!

5. Rummuser

Sweet ladies from Delhi or for that matter anywhere in India will do it for you Grannymar. Till they come to know that you are interested in toyboys, then they will even transfer the call to some nice lad from Delhi or Chennai, and who knows, like Conrad found out, in Pune too!

Mayo – I would act as your secretary at a price! 🙄

Brighid – It pays to do the chasing up!

Ramana – I have no complaints about anyone that I have spoken to in India!

MAYO! what are you at?

7. Dorothy Stahlnecker

Oh sometimes it’s such an effort to get what you have owed to you, I’m convinced they make it that way so you give up. Congrats to you for sticking to it and getting the credit. Haven’t visited in awhile, glad I stopped by to say Hello….

Dorothy from grammology
    grammology.com

8. bikehikebabe

Check next month to see if she actually did deduct a month’s rental. That’s the job complete! 🙂

Baino – Since I pay by direct debit it is important to check what money has been deducted! If I purchase an item in a shop and discover a fault, it is my right to return it and be refunded. Why pay for a service not provided? Surely it is false trading.

BHB – It has already been deducted from my account and I have been given a reference number for the transaction.