Your personal garden

If you were a garden, which would it most resemble:

A Wild flower Garden: carefree, easy-going, and enthusiastic

or

An English Garden: accurate, organized, and detail-oriented

I would be the former!

16 thoughts on “Your personal garden

Steph – I see you as a cottage garden with roses round the door!

Mayo – Weeds are usually deep rooted, tall and strong!

Rhyelysgranny – Somehow I see you in a relaxed wild flower garden on a warm summer day.

All a weed is is a plant growing where some arrogant human doesn’t want it to! A constant reminder that nature is really in charge.
    Now, That is not Mayo!

I know for sure that I am NOT a formal municipal garden.

I think I’d like to be a large garden divided into “rooms” with surprises in some of them and ordinary everyday plantings in the rest,

Magpie – I imagined your garden to have borders with flowers and salad veg all in together!

Baino – I like the idea of the rambly garden.

Not enough room to be that useful really!
    I have some shallots and some beetroot.
    The runner beans are being enjoyed by the snails.
    There are some potatoes on a sack.
    A small pond with tadpoles,,,and so on!

Oh def the former, though marvellous aspirations to be the latter.
    One of the gardens I most admired was the “Reading Garden” of a former BF, it was dug deep in the earth with a circular stone bench all around (at ground level) and serious lounges for reading with gorgeous unbrellas.

6. Alice

Although I do so admire a beautiful English garden, I’m definitely a wildflower garden. I suspect this sentence speaks volumes about me.

Magpie – you do have some veg! I thought you would.

Judy – That is exactly how I see you.

WWW – That reading garden is like a dream I had for one corner of my garden to catch the morning sun. Alas, it never happened!

Alice – wild flowers have such pretty colours and brighten the day.