What is your favourite time of day?

Question Two from a Meme

What is your favourite time of day?

When morning has broken
Like the first morning
When no one has spoken
But the first bird
I’ll not be singing
I’ll lie still and listen
Hoping to hear
Each new bird sound.

I wish I could sing as sweetly as the birds!

12 thoughts on “What is your favourite time of day?

1. nick

Dawn is my favourite time. I don’t like darkness and I would prefer to sleep right through it but that isn’t possible. I love it when daylight reappears and I also love the dawn chorus. I also like the sense of freshness and new possibilities that comes with the dawn.

When I was a child my Granny lived with us for her last years and she taught me many things; the best of which is this:

“You should get up very early in the morning before all the good goes out of the day.”

Nick – I love the fresh smell of a new day, it is like untrodden snow!

Gaelikaa – I could sell you some! 😉

Nancy – I remember that one and my father said I should wash my face in the morning dew if I wanted to be beautiful. Maybe I should have listened! 🙁

Ramana – No I don’t sing for my supper – I have to make it!

Oh the sunset. Without hesitation. The sun gets our her easel and paints the wildest colours.
    End of a day. Still vertical. peace and quiet, maybe a fire or a candle, sit on the deck and watch the colours reflected in the water. Watch for the first star.
    Bliss.

WWW – You live in a glorious spot to enjoy the sunset at its best! Long may you enjoy it.

Ernestine – The song was a play on another more famous one! Only wish I had the voice to do it justice.

I like the early morning…. when I get up…

About those birds… they are saying things like:”Stay of MY patch.”, “Right Girls here I am.”, “You and whose army?”, “Stay away from here.”

Agressive little b…..s , I once recorded a Blackbird and played the recording back to him! It freaked him out and made him sing louder so I again started recording and played that back. My was he angry…and he couldn’t see the interloper which made him even more angry.

When still at college we went on a field trip to Malham Tarn in Yorkshire. ( http://www.field-studies-council.org/malhamtarn/ )

Every evening and each morning I stood on the lawn listening to and watching the display by a woodcock as it flew around its territory making a noise for all the world like a ringing tone on a ‘phone.

There you are see. Sitting up in the rigging tweeting away at the sailors on deck and harbouring lascivious thoughts about some white breasted bird.