Thursday Special ~ Four Brothers

Be aware about what you gift to whom …

Four brothers left home for college, and they became successful doctors and lawyers and prospered.

Some years later, they chatted after having dinner together. They discussed the gifts they were able to give their elderly mother who lived far away in another city.

The first said, “I had a big house built for Mama”.

The second said, ” I had a hundred thousand dollar theatre built in the house”.

The third said, “I had my Mercedes dealer deliver an SL600 to her”.

The fourth said, “You know how Mama loved reading the Bible and you know she can’t read any more because she can’t see very well. I met this preacher who told me about a parrot that can recite the entire Bible. It took twenty preachers 12 years to teach him. I had to pledge to contribute $100,000 a year for twenty years to the church, but it was worth it. Mama just has to name the chapter and verse and the parrot will recite it”.

The other brothers were impressed.

After the holidays Mama sent out her “Thank You” notes.

She wrote: “Milton, the house you built is so huge I live in only one room, but I have to clean the whole house. Thanks anyway”.

“Marvin, I am too old to travel. I stay home, I have my groceries delivered, so I never use the Mercedes. The thought was good. Thanks”.

“Michael, you gave me an expensive theatre with Dolby sound, it could hold 50 people, but all of my friends are dead, I’ve lost my hearing and I’m nearly blind. I’ll never use it. Thank you for the gesture just the same”.

“Dearest Melvin, you were the only son to have the good sense to give a little thought to your gift. The chicken was delicious. Thank you”.

Luv You,
Mama

#

#

With thanks this week to RR for the story.

17 thoughts on “Thursday Special ~ Four Brothers

1. Rummuser

I am passing on this story to my one and only child and hope that he will learn some significant lessons from it. In the meanwhile, I am planning on getting some nice chicken for my father.

Haha . . awesome and I haven’t heard it before either. Sorry, I”m so time poor this week I’ve been a bad visitor but will make up for it on the weekend. I owe you a Skype call to so hopefully we’ll manage to connect. Poor parrot. I hope it wasn’t a rainbow lorikeet, not much meat on dem bones.

Ramana – Magpie got there before me! 😆

Magpie – I was thinking the same thing!

Baino – I look forward to the call! We have some catching up to do.

4. Mayo

I would have given her a quail egg from my quail pair, since she can’t see welll, I would have told her it’s a golden egg– OK, so i’m cheap!!!

So, Grannymar, if this parrot was so smart and spoke with such fluency,when she started to cook him, why didn’t he SAY something?

MAYO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ramana – That Mayo is a rascal!

WWW – I love the story of the wooden bowl.

Nick – And that was before the budget!!

Nancy – Maybe he was waiting for the waters to part!

7. Maria

This is to let you know that this story is not funny. – We are highly insulted and hurt by your lack of compassion for beautiful parrots.
    From Maria’s Parrots – Josephine and Tweetie.

Grannymar, I overheard Josephine and Tweetie and they are plotting ways to trap the neighbor’s cat and send it to Ireland. Be careful, my birds are very, very devious. LOL

Maria – You have two very clever parrots, who can read! You better tell them not to send the cat without a valid passport. We are very strict over here! 🙄

9. Maria

Okay, Mayo, You have me on this one. Prosti-tutos? I am envisioning prostitutes in ballerina attire. Please I need more information. . . especially about laying eggs. Does this have something to do with quail and golden eggs.