Inessential things

Our Loose Blogging consortium includes Anu, Ashok, Conrad, Gaelikaa, Ginger, Judy, Magpie 11, Maria, Ramana and yours truly.  Each of us when available, will contribute a piece for the topic for the week. The call of work, study or family concerns, often prevents some members from taking part on the day or indeed the week in question.  This weeks offering was chosen by Magpie 11

The Inessential Belongings that we collect

I moved into a ready made home when I married.  One or two of my friends wondered aloud why I had not cleared everything out and started again with a make over.  Why should I?  It would have been changing for changing sake.  If things worked I was happy to keep them.  Slowly over the years I made changes, but the house is basically still as it was.  It suits me and that is what matters.  The house is compact, bright, full of light, clean and dry.  What more do I need?

Some of the Inessential things I keep and now wonder why?

This Nut tin was in a cupboard when I arrived, it was custodian for most of the contents you see above.  One of these days I must……

11 thoughts on “Inessential things

Ramana – Are you calling me a nut? 🙄

WWW – I am busy with my wool project! It is slower than I thought.

2. steph

“The house is compact, bright, full of light, clean and dry. What more do I need?”

Dare I suggest… A TOYBOY?

That tin must be NUTS about you to have stuck around for so long! 😉

3. gaelikaa

You are my ideal as a housekeeper. I think your house must be perfect. Such a small amount of inessential items! I might have known!

Actually some of those look pretty essential. I’d be lost without a range of Alun keys! You never know where to find the right sized hook when you need one and let’s face it, everyone needs a kilt pin .. three might be a bit over the top but . . hey . . who am I to criticise.

Mayo – You pop so many bottles, that is why you have all the corks! 😉

Steph – A Toyboy, now why didn’t I think of that. 😆

Gaelikaa – I like the place tidy and to know where everything is.

Baino – Some of the items are useful, but inessential!

6. Geri Atric

Aarrgghh – you took over other people’s STUFF GM!? I’m hyperventilating! Shall I bring the bin bags over? Help!!!!!!!!!!

For those regular GM readers who don’t know me, I promise I’m not attacking Grannymar – I’m just a compulsive (phobic) ‘throw awayerer’!

An eclectic mix….fuses, essential as long as you know where they are.
    Akken Keys….ditto in this day and age.Kilt pins…veeery useful..darn, theboy’s kps went with hither kilts
    An elastic belt…the mind boggles…I’m sure the nice blood nurse wore one of those…name tags for when you get older, good forward planning. Brass acorns..problematic…make a catapult using the elastic and keep beside bed to repel burglars! Christmas tree lights..we always need those.

Did anyone notice how neatly and tidily Gm had sorted the bits and bobs?

Mayo…sure you’re not going to Australia?

Geri…come on aver and help me sort my junk! Please.

Geri – Before I married Jack (he of the ready made home), my mother warned him never to stand in the one place for more than three minutes, or else I would put him in the bin! The Nut tin survived because it was out of sight and only saw the light for the ‘I wonder if we have?’ occasions!

Magpie – You missed the Ronson Flints in the little envelope. The brass acorns are for end of light cords. The belt was cord and used for holding bundles of manilla folders and papers together. Moulds for making covered buttons and an old penny.