Decorations

Mine are up!

Up in the loft, and that is where they will stay.

I decided a few months ago that climbing ladders when I needed to use my two hands for other than balance was a thing of the past.  I had thought of using greenery from the garden, but the temperatures are dipping and the ground is white with frost once again.  I read somewhere today that the second Big Freeze of the season will last a month and put the country on course for a winter even colder than the notoriously treacherous 1962-63.

I suppose I could make gingerbread people and decorate them in festive mood to string and hang about the walls.

I always have candles to hand, so a few ribbons will add some simple colour.

If you were stranded as of today by the weather, with no chance of going outdoor, what would you do to cope with the festive season?  Think gifts, decoration and particularly food?

Last week the handsome Peter Donegan (one of my Toyboys) was asking me on the Sodcast about bringing the garden indoors at this festive time.  The Sodcast is a Podcast by DoneganLandscaping.com  Thankfully my vocal contribution lasts a very short time.

8 thoughts on “Decorations

Aww. I’m pretty keen on twinkly lights and a Christmas tree but that’s about it. If I was stranded, I still have the kid’s busy box and plenty of stores although I’d get a bit sick of eating rice and pasta. Stay warm.

2. kenju

I went into my attic back in Oct. to get out all my Christmas stuff, but it is still sitting in the floor of my office. I don’t know when I’ll get it put up.

Judy – You have a good excuse since you are working full time right now. I hope you get a rest soon.

4. nick

We have a few bits of tinsel, a couple of miniature Christmas trees (one wood, one plastic) a few little Christmassy concoctions (bits of holly, baubles etc) and that’s about it. Just enough to make the place look festive. Nothing that involves climbing up ladders or gymnastics.

5. Rhyelysgranny

I expect I am lucky as I just sort of walk in to our roof space. I have three trees that keep their lights from year to year so it is a case of throwing lots of baubles at them. I have a wreath for the mantel piece. Lots of lights outside but they are never taken down. They just hide in the trees during summer and are switched on in December.Definitely no ladders involved.. I love to see the trees up but I do find it is more of a chore as the years go by but for the sake of my grandchildren I make an effort. You keep yourself safe and warm Grannymar. x:)

WWW – The winter fuel is all ready for the fire, I have a book, some music, the food and of course a tipple to help pass the day.

Nick – My tree is 3ft and I normally sit it on a table. but since it has been in the loft for the last year and a half, it can stay there

RG – Having children about makes all the difference at Christmas time. Mine were here on Sunday with Buffy!