How Saturdays have changed.
When I was young, we had to attend school on a Saturday. Classes ran from 9am. until 12.30pm. Inter-schools sports games were always in the afternoon. I was not sporty, so I came home to lunch and an afternoon of household chores and food shopping.
In my first job, I worked alternate weekends, although if we found someone to switch duties with, we were then free at that time.
Now my Saturdays have no set pattern. I no longer have the routine of going to an office five days a week, so Saturday , Monday or Thursday they are all just the same. There are times when I need to look at the bottom right hand corner of the screen or at my phone to see what day it is.
Living alone, who knows what I get up to. If you phoned me I might tell you that I was….
- In bed with Ted and intended staying there all day.
- Standing on a ladder painting the ceiling with a brush in each hand.
- Drinking Champagne with a Handsome Toyboy.
- Writing my memoirs and did not want to be disturbed.
- Packing for a world cruise.
How do you spend your Saturdays?