With Thankfulness

The topic for this episode of the Loose Blogging Consortium was chosen by Conrad.

Family

Today I give thanks for my little family.  By that I mean Elly & George.  For the second time in as many years they have come to my aid when I needed help.  A year and a half ago, it was following my hip replacement surgery.  Nurse Hitler and George were wonderful in their care for me.  Nudging me on with encouragement at every stage, yet telling me to slow down when I tried to over do things.  Thankfully I never looked back.

This week Elly came to be with me before and after cataract surgery.  We are half way there, as the cloudy lens in the other eye will also need an artificial lens implant.  At least next time we will know what to expect.  I do know all about cataracts, but that is with regard to other members of my family.  It is a very different story when it is MY eye they are poking in!

So Thank you Elly, yet again, for your love and caring and to George for holding the fort and looking after Buffy in her absence.

It was only on Thursday morning after the eye patch was removed that I discovered two major problems…..

A thick layer of dust everywhere AND I suddenly noticed my face had more lines than the London Underground! 😆

It was wonderful to look out the window and really see and enjoy the view!

15 thoughts on “With Thankfulness

Grannymar,

I am so happy that your cataract surgery was so successful.

Don’t worry about the dust or the lines.Instead, think of all the wonderful books you will be able to read once again.

I am also having some vision problems and read all my books on a Kindle reader. It has allowed me to read again and is wonderful with only one drawback. Now I have to buy my books so my beloved public library is out.

Also, about the lines in your face. Do you want to trade with me? I have more bridges in my mouth than the City of Venice…

2. rummuser

Wait till you get the other lens put in before making comments about railway lines! Being cock eyed myself, I know a thing are two about misleading vision!

Nancy – It is like changing from a black & white TV to a coloured one! Life is wonderful and having Elly here to laugh with and enjoy was an added bonus!

Ramana – I may ban the mirrors from my house when the second eye is sorted! 😆

Gaelikaa – Thank you! It was an easier procedure than a trip to the dentist. I was awake and chatting with the Surgeon throughout and the only anaesthetic used were eye drops. Within an hour Elly & I were on our way home again. I felt so well that we went out for dinner and we had fun! The Surgeon phoned me yesterday at home to check how I was doing, and was very pleased with my progress.

Oh well done, GM!

I am so glad it went so well.

As to the wrinkles I am just so very glad I lived to have them, I know many on the other side of the sod who would have doubled the quantity to hang around here a bit longer!

6. Betty Adams

I put off my cataract surgery until I was bumping into the furniture. I’m sure I was a pure menace while driving. After the first surgery, I was ashamed of myself for being so scared. I’m glad yours went smoothly, too.

I have had cataract surgery in both eyes, but years apart. I did not have help and sometimes hit my nose instead of my eye when putting the drops in, but otherwise it was a piece of cake .

I have a friend who ended up with 20/20 vision after the surgery and it sounds like your vision improved remarkably well. Unfortunately for me it didn’t help all that much, but did get rid of that pesky cloud that was engulfing me.

8. bikehikebabe

Darn, I don’t get any new lenses—yet. Reminds me of the time I had my vision checked in Junior High & was told I didn’t need glasses. New glasses would have been nice.

Oh GM I had no idea you were having cataract surgery, you didn’t say unless I missed something here, naughty girl. Glad it’s going well. Hey, dust is dust, don’t sweat the small stuff. Wishing you a speedy and light filled recovery.

WWW – I am with you on the wrinkles. Thankfully I smile and laugh plenty so the lines curve upwards! As Elly reminds me: They are about the only thing not to go south and give in to gravity! ROFLOL!

Betty – I was worried about the driving since it is the means to my independence, but I was told at the pre check that I was still within the legal limit.

Nick – It is really wonderful to look out the window and see the details in the countryside. Roll on the next one!

Darlene – Nurse Hitler supervised as I put in the drops the first couple of times, then she was happy to leave me to it and head home!

BHB – Be thankful that you do not need them. My world had gone very cloudy and colourless.

Brighid – I laugh at my lines, they are my degrees from the university of life! Now I must be on PHD level! 😆

Baino – Thanks for the good wishes. I have been playing for shorter stretches on the web lately and I suppose Tobias being in ICC (intensive Computer Care) for a week was actually a good thing!