International Women’s day

In all things, be honest and appreciate yourself by allowing yourself the opportunities to grow, develop, and find your true sense of purpose in this life.

Not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Don’t stand in someone else’s shadow when it’s your sunlight that should lead the way.

Learn the rules, so you know how to break them properly.  Laugh at your mistakes and praise yourself for learning from them.

Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.  Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon

Today is all that matters so pick some flowers and appreciate the beauty of nature.

12 thoughts on “International Women’s day

1. rummuser

Beautiful and very apt thoughts with which I totally agree. In the second thought however, getting what you want may turn out to be bad luck too!

I am disheartened at this Women’s Day. Daughter and I think we are going backwards rather than forwards and to think otherwise is delusional. Governments are overstuffed with the males of the species. Universal free childcare a pipe dream. Rape is used as a weapon of war and Roe Vs Wade is again up for discussion and voting in the US after 40 years. And the only way out of world poverty is to give women equality.
    Pshaw is what I say.
    (With no wish to rain on anyone’s parade)

3. nick

I have to agree with Wise Web Woman that things seem to be going backwards. All women can do is keep fighting for equality and refusing to take no for an answer.

WWW – That is why I stuck to quotations.

Brighid – Or the body allows! 😉

Nick – ‘All women can do is keep fighting for equality and refusing to take no for an answer’ – Some of us have spent our lives fighting for a space without much success.

5. Mari G

Inspirational thoughts for the day that’s in it. I love “don’t stand in someone else’s shadow when it’s your sunlight that should lead the way.”
    How wise and true.

I’ll let you know when I’ve found my true sense and purpose in life. Right now, I have absolutely no idea. Nice sentiments GM just not feelin’ it today.

Mari G – We all need to remember that one.

Baino – Your sun will rise again! Chin up!

Mari G – I long for the day when everyone is treated with respect, male and female!

Gaelikaa – IWD was just like any other day for me. I made the most of it.