Eastern Influence

Some years ago, while working away in the office, one of my colleagues asked aloud of nobody in particular

“How do you fancy a Chinese?”

Quick as a flash without lifting my head, I replied

“I would prefer an Englishman myself!”

The office erupted with laughter.  You see it was in the hour before lunch and my colleague was wondering if any of us felt like going to the local Chinese Restaurant.  It was a place we frequented for birthdays or after a particularly busy week.  The food was good, the set menu reasonably priced and the service was fast.

Chinese Meal

On 1st April Ramana was fooling around with his LBC Post on Risk.

He finished it up with how he saw me in a traditional Indian outfit!

Grannymar in a sari.

Some people liked it.  Some laughed at it, while others positively disliked it.  To me it was all in good fun.  That of course does not prevent me from playing along with this game.

First off I tried this.

Then, in for a penny in for a pound!

Finally East meets West!

20 thoughts on “Eastern Influence

1. Rhyelysgranny

Grannymar you would certainly get some looks walking down Royal Avenue in that. LOL. I think you could get a job as a model. You did very well in your videos 🙂

Sarees are beautiful, but if you were actually wearing one you would look much more slender. This one adds at least 50 pounds to your svelte frame.

Darlene – Perhaps the particular style of folding and draping of the sari above does not help. But it is after all a different model wearing my face.

4. bikehikebabe

(We were in Santa Fe all day & evening so am late with this.) I meant the sari. Churidar Kameez is slightly better but you stick with your form fitting clothes.

BHB – The outfit is suitable for very hot weather, In the Irish climate I would need heavier clothes!

6. bikehikebabe

Rummuser, just because I used the word Sex (in relation to Grannymar BTW), do you think I tried to look or act sexy. That didn’t happen. I was my usual boring self.

BWT – The churidar pyjama takes time to put on, Perhaps palazzo pants might work better. As for modelling…. not sure I have the face or knees for it these days. 😆

Alice – Has that custom not changed? Do I need to worry? 😆

8. Alice

There’s a lot of saris in the South Indian weddings I’ve gone to–as of 2003 or so. Why worry? If it’s written on your forehead, whatever will happen will happen. Your karma.

Alice – You are correct. I live in the moment and let tomorrow look after itself.

Brighid – The videos were pure playing about! There are enough gurners in the world without me starting!