Working Magic

Gently he ran his fingers through my hair.

“Ahhh! Lovely” I purred.

“It has been a long time” he replied with a hint of laughter in his voice.

“Way too long.   I can hardly remember….” I said with a girlish giggle.

Right from childhood I loved to have somebody, anybody play with my hair.

For half an hour he worked his relaxing magic and finished with my hair spread in a wide circle around me.  I felt transformed, relaxed and ten years younger.

“I feel like a new woman!”  I said as I sat up straight.

“So do I” was his reply as he helped me to my feet.

Quickly I handed over my money and skipped out the door with a “See you in six weeks!”

At least I didn’t have to sweep up all the cuttings!

11 thoughts on “Working Magic

1. nick

I’ve always liked people stroking my hair, but men’s hairdressers are strictly functional, there’s no stroking, just a few minutes’ deft snipping and that’s that.

Mayo – My visits to the hairdressers are fun!

Nick – that is why a trip to the Barbers costs much less than we pay at the hairdressers.

Oh boy I never get a stroking, just straight down to biz. But a jolly good haircut, I am a bit overdue methinks.
    PS Very well written, GM!

WWW – I usually pick a quiet time to have my hair cut and the stylist washes my hair himself – I think he enjoys our banter. A wash, cut and blow dry takes 30 – 45 minutes and it is all fun.

5. speccy

I don’t think of ther hairdresser as ‘fun’, though it’s perfectly pleasant. It’s a necessity. If I don’t go regularly the crazed whitehaired loony lady will take over!

6. Rummuser

My hair cut takes all of three to four minutes. There is so little to cut! Another ten to fifteen minutes goes into a blissful head and shoulder massage. that luxurious indulgence is over due.

blackwatertown – 😀

speccy – If I leave my hair cut any longer than 5-6 weeks I end up with headaches.

Ramana – Off you go for your 15 minutes of pleasure!

I can’t remember the last time I went to the hairdresser but have an appointment for the 30th July before the ‘wedding’. And yeh, always get sucked into the deep treatment massage. . . although I’m just as happy playing with someone else’s hair!

Baino – I did my own hair on the morning of Elly’s wedding. I had it cut three weeks earlier and knew it would be fine.