Thursday Special ~ Health Message

If walking/cycling is good for your health, the postman would be immortal.
A whale swims all day, only eats fish, drinks water and is fat.
A rabbit runs and hops and only lives 15 years.
A tortoise doesn’t run, does nothing, yet lives for 450

AND YOU TELL ME TO EXERCISE!

I’m retired, go around me!
(Retirement is a full time job.)

Thank you Cynthia, I am with you about retirement.

13 thoughts on “Thursday Special ~ Health Message

1. Knee

haha @ the rabbit and the tortoise part 😀 There is no such a thing called retirement I guess..it’s just practically, i.e in “real” work.

Knee – Life is what you make it, if you enjoy what you do, then why stop?

Ramana – When I find out, I’ll tell you all about it!

Mayo – Are you giving orders again?

3. nick

Jenny strongly believes exercise is bad for you and can only lead to sprained ankles, emergency rescue from the Mourne Mountains etc. I on the other hand get as much exercise as I can. We’ll see who lives the longest.

Nick – My exercise today was with the dusters and polish, working with the aid of tango music I soon had it finished. No expensive gym fees or fancy designer sports wear needed. I deserve a day off tomorrow… I might just go for a walk.

Milward – Sometimes, only sometimes.

Judy – I’ll come with you!

5. blackwatertown

Nick’s Mourne rambles sound great.
    I dream of waking up on the saddle between two of the mountains (I forget which) and looking down on a sunny Silent Valley (or some lake or other) – it’s been quite a while, but I used to walk up and down and around them a fair bit.
    Are they still running the Mourne Wall Walks once a year? I used to do that as a nipper.

Maria – I have seen the face on a tortoise and suddenly felt better about my own looks.

7. nick

Blackwater – There’re all sorts of organised Mourne walks, including charity walks up Slieve Donard. I haven’t been down there much recently, the weather’s been so uninviting.