Moods

I wonder what mood Padmini was in when she chose the topic for today? 😉

Crotchety

Things are not often what they seem from the outside…..

Baby bear goes downstairs, sits in his small chair at the table.
He looks into his small bowl. It is empty.

‘Who’s been eating my porridge?’ he squeaks.

Daddy Bear arrives at the big table and sits in his big chair.
He looks into his big bowl and it is also empty.

‘Who’s been eating my porridge?!?’ he roars.

Mummy Bear puts her head through the serving hatch from the kitchen and yells,

‘Jumping Jellybeans! how many times do I have to go through this with you idiots?  It was Mummy Bear who got up first. It was Mummy Bear who woke everyone in the house. It was Mummy Bear who made the coffee. It was Mummy Bear who unloaded the dishwasher from last night and put everything away. It was
Mummy Bear who swept the floor in the kitchen. It was Mummy Bear who went out in the cold early morning air to fetch the newspaper and croissants. It was Mummy Bear who set the damn table.

‘It was Mummy Bear who walked the bloody dog, cleaned the cat’s litter tray, gave them their food, and refilled their water.

‘And now that you’ve decided to drag your sorry bear tail-ends downstairs and grace Mummy Bear with your grumpy presence, listen carefully, because I’m only going to say this once….

‘I HAVEN’T MADE THE F***ING PORRIDGE YET’

Now that is what I call Crotchety!

29 thoughts on “Moods

Ramana – In my house, I never make porridge. So there would be no problem.

Nancy – Calm down dear! Mind your blood pressure!! 😉

MerCyn – If I feel like that, there IS only me to blame! 🙁

Nancy – No way. This is a milk free zone, even the look of porridge turns my tummy.

Brighid – I think that “he’s a crotchety ol’ fart “ morphed into ” “he’s an ol’ woman’s blouse!

Ahem, this joke is recycled from August last year, Mrs Grannymar. You’d think baby bear and daddy bear would have got the message by now! And I expect that once again mummy bear’s running late for her job (she’s now working at BargainRite plc) and once again they’ll just have to make the porridge themselves.

Nick – Are you being a crotchety ol’ man? 😆 Well ok then….. maybe I had a senior moment! 😉

Marianna – I lost you in my woolbag. 😉 The story came from my sister just as I sat to write the post.

BWT – Just like a bear with two sore heads!

WWW – Amen!

6. Padmini Natarajan

Brilliant–especially after having listened to my little granddaughter Madhura saying this morning on Skype “I don’t eat porridge…no oats Patti (grandma in Tamizh)”.

Of course tahnk God she doesn’t know the ‘F’ word!

Padmini – I promise NOT to teach Madhura the ‘F’ word when we speak on Skype. I will let her sing to me instead.

8. SamHenry

My grandfather had a fishing camp (Adirondick speak for “cottage”) and he and Grandmother (Helen McMahon, thank you) used to take their three girls there. I have to say Grandfather, a doctor, used to cook breakfast and often other meals. But of course Grandma was in the kitch the most. If there were inaction in the cleanup department or in thank yous, there was always the recurring phrase “this is a vacation for everyone but Grandma.”