Fingers crossed

It was time to come out from hiding once again, so I took myself over the hills and far away.

Well, not quite across the land but just enough to drive through heavy hanging mist.  As the car climbed effortlessly to the top of a hill, I could not see beyond the end of my nose. The temperature had dropped overnight and we ware back in fog-light territory for another winter. 🙁

Once over the crest of the hill the scene changed, the sky cleared, and I could see green fields for miles around me.  It was not a day to dawdle about, I had an appointment with a Toyboy.

An hour of teasing and banter while the scissors go snip, snip, does this girl’s heart good.

Now with my thatch trimmed, the old head is lighter and I am ready for anything in the weeks to come.

Stuart and his team

Competition

‘WIN AN iPAD’

To qualify all you need to do is spend £30.00 and book an appointment for January or February.

My haircut is not far off £30.00,  and I will be back again before the end of the year and again six weeks later so that takes care of the appointment.  It was only a matter of making my little purchase of a product that I use on a regular basis.

You know what they say…. ‘If you are not in, you cannot win!’

That is my ticket sitting on the corner of the frame, so fingers, toes and everything else crossed for now.

What do you mean?

Of course you can keep everything crossed for me until Christmas! 😀

15 thoughts on “Fingers crossed

1. SamHenry

Used to have a toy boy but have had to change to wacky women due to my move from Philadelphia. Not as much fun so find myself talking over another customer who has one. I am very bad in so many maddening ways but life is short and I am shorter.

2. Rummuser

All the very best. I hope that you win the ipad. It will change your world!

Handsome lad your toyboy. And a nice team too. It would have been nice had you put in before and after photographs of yours 🙂

Ramana – There is a long way to go and lots of tickets to sell… But, if I am not in… Here’s hoping.

Delirious – They look like fun.

4. Alice

Glad to keep my fingers crossed for you as long as I don’t have to close and clinch my eyes, too! 🙂 Good luck. You’ll love that thing.

WWW – Ahem. Ahem! Now there is a word I have not heard for many a year. I was very fond of ‘rooting in drawers’ when bored on a wet winter day – That meant I was poking about to see that the drawers contained and usually ended up returning everything in neat order. I know WWW, that you mean support, yet I was told way back that the term had another meaning across the pond and that ‘ladies’ should not use it! 😉

Judy – The ‘new do’ is always the same as the last one. After 25 years we have worked out the best style and shape for me.

6. stuart carson

You should consider taking up photography, fantastic picture pity about the big lad in the middle 😀 Good luck in the competition may the best person WIN!!!!

I’d love a trip to the hairdressers, toyboy not withstanding. The last time I had my hair done was for Adam’s wedding and that was just a style. GAH it’s so expensive here. I should masquerade as a man and go for the $12 short back and sides. Good luck with the iPad

Baino – My hair is so heavy, I have headaches after six weeks so I need to shed the load.