At Larne Promenade overlooking the North Channel is an attractive spot for a short stroll and admire the view.
This lamp standard has a place in local history
This plaque on the base commerates the arrival at Larne Harbour of The S.S. “Clydevalley” re-named “Mountjoy” on the 24th April 1914.
It contained a shipment of Arms for the Ulster Volunteer Force formed to defend The Union of Ulster with Great Britain.
The lamp surmounting the plinth was the leading light which guided the vessel to port.