Oh Wow!

The Oriel Gallery is part of the Clotworthy building complex recently renovated as part of a major £5.8m restoration project of Antrim Castle Gardens. Restoration work on the rest of the Gardens will continue until the summer, I intend returning to the house and gardens in the next few weeks.

Remember the shell of the building I posted this morning?

It was burned by vandals some years ago, but look at it now:

New entranceway, windows and roof with roof lights.

Looks like there is somebody home already!

Clotworthy has begun throwing open its doors to some strange and colourful characters…..

Will Knott will not be pleased to miss this! 🙁  Tomorrow will be the last day……!

What is this?

Bright interior

Looking down at the invaders from the Gallery.

RoboCop

RoboCop details

B9 Robot

Grace 2.0

Not Buffy

The Toys

Sorry Will, these are just to give you a flavour of the exhibition, you know the characters better than I do.

9 thoughts on “Oh Wow!

1. Rummuser

And there I was thinking that you are normal and chase toyboys! You amaze me with your obsession with the paranormal! Are you sure that you are an earthling?

Ramana – Me normal!!! How did you ever get that impression? There are days when I am not sure what planet I am on or come from!

Will – @icedcoffee was there with some others at the weekend, and has some lovely shots. Have a word with him… I heard yesterday that ‘some group’ were asking about a Star trek exhibition, I bet it was some of Phil’s pals. If I hear further, I’ll let you know.

4. Conrad

Both the venue AND the show looked really interesting! I am loving the series you are popping up with all the new sculpture and new shows and murals and … It seems that Ireland is pretty vibrant. As it should be.

By the way, Mayo used to date Grace.

Conrad – They made a lovely job of the venue, I didn’t see into every space, but I made some new friends – maybe I’ll get there one day soon.

Now that IS very interesting news about Mayo and Grace!!

BWT – The robot exhibition ended on Thursday, the old castle and grounds are still under wraps as the work goes on, but Clotworthy House is very tastefully renovated!

Well worth a visit.