The Art of Crochet

Have you heard of Jo Hamilton?

I guarantee if you watch this you will never forget her.

I came across this video the other day and was amazed.  She works straight from photographs!! If you scroll down under the video Jo tells the story of how she begins and builds her work.

Jo Hamilton IS an artist in more ways than one, she also paints and you can find more of her work here and just look at DJ the dog!

WWW…. need a project for you and Ansa this winter? 😉

13 thoughts on “The Art of Crochet

1. cathy

That’s some amazing work! A far cry from my granny squares… I love the city scape in particular.

2. shackman

While her painting & drawing don’t do much for me the crochet art is awesome – I’m with Cathy – the cityscape is spectacular – thanks for the intro GM

3. Ursula

Thanks for the link, Grannymar. What a find. Jo Hamilton has humbled me. Making me feel quite melancholic. Not in a bad way. Just melancholic.

U

Incredible, GM – but I think I’ll stick to the Aran, I’ve been asked to give a class in it. Currently working on a baby aran for a baby due in August. How about yourself?

shackman – It was the detail in the crochet that caught my interest.

Ursula – Maybe it is time for you to embark on some craft work, it can be very soothing and relaxing.

WWW – At the moment the knitting needles are my recreation – easier on the eye than fine sewing.

Delirious – This is the work of a very talented artist. I know at times in the past, I have worked directly from an idea in my head to 3D, That way only I knew if I had made a mistake or changed direction. Jo uses colour photographs and works directly from them. Very, very clever.

Famous Photographer – Welcome to my blog. I too am in awe of Jo Hamilton’s talent.