Pride comes

Before the fall.

Anyone know how I can cancel September?

Last year I tried to mash my face into the ground and internally damaged the nerves on the right side, They are still healing.

Yesterday morning I headed out to go to a funeral. I never got there. As I was approaching the church I fell, twisting my right ankle and kissing the ground once more. This time the damage to my face was on the left side, visible and superficial.

Who is this gangster?

Four and a half hours in A&E I am assured there are no broken bones in my ankle, it is very swollen and sprained. So there will be no chasing Toyboys for a week or three. ๐Ÿ™

I am home with an Aircast ankle brace and a pair of crutches.

Image from BetterBraces.com

The fun begins…

Since I am to rest the ankle and elevate it as much as possible, I now have the perfect excuse for catching up with blog reading. ๐Ÿ˜€

25 thoughts on “Pride comes

Tilly – On the days of both falls I was wearing glasses. Prescription sunglasses (yesterday) came off the worst.

Delores – Yesterday the pain in my ankle was loudest. Today all the other muscles and joints have joined in the chorus. It could have been so much worse, if I had hit the back of my head…. we won’t go there.

Mike – I am made of tough stuff. Mind you, they say beauty is only skin deep, in my case it seems to be very near the surface. ๐Ÿ˜†

Nick – I have a large backlog to catch up on. I suppose that is what I get for gallivanting.

3. gigi-hawaii

How awful! Wishing you a speedy recovery! The last time I fell, the baby in my arms (my year old grandson) fell on the carpet and hit his head but survived. I was okay, too. Thank goodness for carpet! I’ll never get rid of it.

No way was I dancing about the country road, but I can say I was picked up!! Literally by two men who would be more used to lifting a heifer out of a ditch. Once they had me on my feet they went on their way.

Gigi – It is bad enough falling but with a baby in your arms… the stuff of nightmares.

Big John – Had I been in north Belfast there might have been a reason for the scars, Alas I was way north of all that carry on.

5. Debra

What a shame! It always strikes me as a challenge that I often yearn for more time, a break from activity and simply an opportunity to take care of myself, but when those opportunities are delivered because of an accident they really aren’t all that welcome! Out of it all, I simply hope you can indeed rest and take care!

6. shackman

Yikes! Geeze GM – ya need to be more careful – chasing toybopys requires longer r&r – LOL. Take it easy!

Debra – Today I have a great excuse to take it easy since I need to keep the foot elevated as much as possible.

Shackman – It is many a long year since I was told I moved like a gazelle! I’ll have to remember that!

8. The Old Fossil

Holy cow! We need to work on your excuses, I can see that. I would think actually finding some leisure time without injury would be better. Heal up and drink a hot toddy! Seriously, cuz, take care of yourself.

And, gosh, you don’t want to give Mayo an opening like this!

Fos – Hot toddies – nice idea, but would I end up being charged with being drunk in charge of a pair of crutches? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Patty – Trouble was there were no toyboys about to take my arm.

Betty – My pain is considered a minor injury and in the grand scheme of things it is and I was very lucky.

10. Brighid

Ouch…that looks like it smarts…big time! Hope your feeling up to snuff soon. Gentle hug from the PNW.
    PS: What’s with the toy boys not protecting you from the road coming up to meet you?

Brighid – Not quite sailing along, but getting there slowly on the crutches. I think all the toyboys were on a day off! ๐Ÿ˜‰

12. adinparadise

Oh dear, now I know why you won’t be trying out my granddaughter’s gymnastic moves. I’m so sorry you’re in such pain. Please take care and get well soon. xx

AD – I have a great excuse to rest and the body or maybe the painkillers are using sleep to keep me quiet.

14. blackwatertown

Yeeouch – belated wincing from over here for your fall.
    Though as a Belfast band, Watercress, once sang:
    “It’s not the fall that scares me
    It’s what’s at the other end.
    Gravity’s my enemy my friend.”
    Hope things are less raw now.

BWT – I’ll mend. The sad part is that it was morning time, I had no drink taken and not a toyboy in sight to chase. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Have I lost my touch???