How did that happen?

“What is over, is over”

It is that simple.

When something in our life ends, it is better to let go and move on. Hanging on, only leads to rejection and pain.

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans was chosen by shackman, and I look to what he and the other active members of the Loose Bloggers Consortium have to say on the topic: Anu, Delirious, Maxi, Maria/Gaelikaa, Maria SilverFox, OCD writer, Padmum, Paul, Ramana, Shackman speaks, The Old Fossil, Will Knott.

15 thoughts on “How did that happen?

1. shackman

Yesterday’s over my shoulder but I can’t look back for too long. There’s just too much to see waiting in front of me and I know that I just can’t go wrong.

2. Maxi

Amen to brother Shackman’s remark. Too much living to do to look back.

Sorry to read that you couldn’t make the awards, GM. Hope you’re gettin’ better every day.
    Blessings ~ Maxi

Shackman – I like your philosophy, 😆

Maxi – I am muddling through and looking forward to the day when I say “Wow! I had no discomfort today.”

Ramana – Thank you. I had five minutes to cobble a post together last night, and this is the result!

Yes, I can think of times when I’ve tried to hang on to relationships and you’re right, it only leads to distress. Best to move on as quickly as possible.

Nick – I only hope the lady I was thinking about as I wrote this, has a chance to see it and take heed.

Easier said than done, GM. My motto is “it takes as long as it takes” and recovery times are different for everyone. And sometimes I’ve seen the “buckup and getonwithit” stuff make others feel worse.

We rarely disagree but on this yes we do.

7. Cathy in NZ

I agree…if it’s “all done” “not going to work” and so forth…then it is best to let it go. However, if you keep some of it, (stuff/other) it might come in handy in another life 🙂

Delores & Cathy –

“There’s a trick to the ‘graceful exit.’ It begins with the vision to recognize when a job, a life stage, or a relationship is over — and let it go. It means leaving what’s over without denying its validity or its past importance to our lives. It involves a sense of future, a belief that every exit line is an entry, that we are moving up, rather than out.”
    ― Ellen Goodman

“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don’t really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren’t really an ending; some things are never-ending.”
    ― C. JoyBell C.

BWT – New beginnings start with little….. the first is the most important.

Brighid – Yes, that is it exactly!