Openings 57 ~ Round House

This round house was rather a surprise to me, the photo was taken on a Thursday morning last August. Why the surprise? The gate was locked.

If you look closely, not alone can you see the padlock on the gate, but the disabled sign on the toilet door inside.

Unfortunately it is not the first time I have come across a public loo that was locked. Thankfully I arrived into this world with a good bladder and my mother trained all of us to ‘go to the loo‘ before we left the house, but I know plenty with hapenny bladders, who need to relieve themselves almost every ten minutes.

This particular convenience was in the carpark at Crumlin Glen, where I had a lovely adventure. I walked through the woods, with the sound of rustling leaves and the running water of the river and sudden rush from the waterfall.

I was on my way to find…..

The Cockle House

13 thoughts on “Openings 57 ~ Round House

1. gigi-hawaii

I usually avoid public toilets, but there was a time when I changed into a bathing suit in a restroom on the beach. Three men entered and changed into female swim wear!!! I was shocked, but they didn’t bother me physically or verbally. I later saw them playing in the ocean. Since then, I don’t think I have gone swimming again.

2. Maxi

It surprised me when you said this was a loo, GM. It’s a fine looking place. Still, ain’t any good if one can’t use it.

I’m with ya about taking care of business before leaving the house.
    Blessings ~ Maxi

Dianne – There were actually three doors inside that gate. The Ladies and the Gents were on either side of the wide door to the toilet for the disabled, that you can see.

Gigi – It takes all kinds.

WWW – I agree. It would be a long walk with your knees knotted to the nearest loo way down the town!

Maxi – It is a great pity considering the local Council would have used the Ratepayers money to build it.

4. Warren Lieberman

America’s loss, no supply of public toilets to write about.

I just realized why I like your blogs: your use of the English language is like I was transported back to high school and we had to read British Literature as if it was a foreign language.

Wisewebwomen used the term JAXES, what is that ?

5. Dianne

I don’t know what the problem was regarding your comment on my blog, but I think I fixed it. I found your comment in the spam file of all places. Good thing I looked at them spam messages. Dianne

Mil – Men and dogs get life easy! 😉

Warren – I am smiling. WWW, although living in Newfoundland, is actually Irish by birth. The word ‘jaxes’ is actually Irish slang for toilet. I think you refer to this as a bathroom. In my young days the bathroom was just that – a room with the bath and a wash-hand basin. The toilet was in a small room by itself.

Dianne – there were a couple of days where I had a problem leaving comments on some American blogs. Thankfully the problem seems to have resolved itself again.