If you come from an Irish family…………………………..
- You swear very well.
- You think you sing very well.
- You have no idea how to make a long story short!
- Many of your childhood meals were boiled.
- You spent a good portion of your childhood kneeling in prayer.
- You’re strangely poetic after a few drinks.
- Some punches directed at you are from legacies of past generations.
- Your sisters, cousins or aunts are named Mary, Catherine, Eileen, Maureen, or Margaret and at least one member of your family with the full name of at least three of them.
- Someone in your family is very generous. It is more than likely you.
- You may not know the words, but that doesn’t stop you from singing.
- You are genetically incapable of keeping a secret.
- Your skin’s ability to tan not so much. (Only in spots!)
- Childhood remedies for the common cold often included some form of whiskey.
- There’s no leaving a family party without saying goodbye for at least 45 minutes.
- At this very moment, you have at least two relatives who are not speaking to each other. Not fighting, mind you, just not speaking to each other.
With thanks to Brighid for this little number.