The days may be damp and dreary outside, but I am clickity-click happy indoors!
You might remember this Green shrug.
It began as a rectangle, 38 x 44 inches. When completed the fabric was folded in half with the cast-on edge and bound off edge meeting so that it then measured 38 x 22 inches/96.5 x 56 cm).
I placed markers on each of the 22 in. (56 cm) sides, 7 in. (18 cm) below the fold, for armholes. The remainder of the side seams from marker down to lower edge were stitched before weaving in the thread ends ends.
That was it complete.
That shrug was so cosy, I made it for my sister. Since I had more of the yarn in a different colour-way, I decided to make one for myself. I wanted it to look different, Dressing as twins was not our idea of fun.
This time round I made a larger rectangle, folded it as above, left a seven inch opening for the arms and stitched the remaining seams. I had an idea inside my head from the very first stitch, still there, it will not let go. I needed to change the shape by folding and stitching.
It is still a work in progress but some of the ideas are decided on and I know how the front will look.
The front is working out like the image in my head.
Now for the hard work…
I have got this far: