Long gone are the Wednesdays when my regular posts on needlework – either in progress or completed were shared here (I suppose you could say that about all the usual areas of posting).
Well the needles have been active in the background so look forward to a few items turning up here in the weeks to come.
To begin with, I got round to re framing & re-instating ‘The Lady*’!
Before doing so I decided to spring clean the Bathroom. Now you have all seen my bathroom in the past so there is no need to blush.
I replaced the radiator, removed the old faded curtains, made some new ones, but before hanging them, my attention turned to some emulsion for the ceiling, cleaning the wall tiles and tackling the bath…
Yes. I had to clean my shoes** before I cleaned the bath
I find Bath buns*** always help! 😉 After that the bath sparkled like new. I picked some new towels to tone with ‘my lady’.
All I needed were little ties to keep my curtains in place. Little things often cause me problems, so there was plenty of ferniggling to achieve the look I wanted.
I began with crochet flowers and then tried butterflies
With the light behind the window, it was difficult to see the new ties. The curtains are a double layer threaded over a pole and the top layer gathered into the ties. For the moment I have it solved.
Butterfly tie on a crochet band with a toggle closure at the back.
So finally finished you can see the lady back in place.
Each of the links marked with red stars * lead to the original posts where the photos appeared with explanations.
You can find my recipe for Bath Buns here