In Never neglect a Fall, I wrote about my friend breaking the neck of her right femur on 20th January. Since she lives alone, I have been shopping, doing little tasks and spending time with her to break up the long days indoors.
It means my own routine has had to change about a little for the moment. I have been busy in the background.
I played with…
- Emulsion brushes and a roller.
- Washing wall tiles.
- Reinstated a piece of needle art.
- My sewing machine and some fabric.
- Began a project in crochet.
- Did some hand sewing repairs.
- Made some bows.
- Baked Guinness wheaten bread. Yummy.
- Guinness Pizza bases. Double Yummy.
- Made a batch of pancakes/crêpes for the freezer.
- Bought more paint.
- Bought more heat logs for my fire. The evenings still get cold and with the fire lighting, I am more inclined to sit and knit or crochet. I have a feeling in my gut that with Easter being early, it might be a cold one.
- Planned the menus for meals when Elly brings some of her friends to visit next month. It will mean, I can sit and talk to my visitors and not spend the time in the kitchen while they are here.
- Planned for future social events.
- Bought an evening dress.
- Sorted items to go to a charity shop.
- Cleared two cupboards
The list is more to prove to myself that I have actually been productive and that life is just not slipping by.
Now where do I start next?